Trinity Racing IN rancho "service problems" - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Angry Trinity Racing IN rancho "service problems"

My father has a 660 Rhino this is his story

Tons of work done at trinity racing, until......

Took the 660 in for a big bore kit, port and polished. Got a cdi box and clutch and exhaust and intake and re-jet.

We get the rhino back from trinity and suffer a mad power loss and backfiring and total top speed went from 52 to 38. Had to tow it back to the trailer. So we take it back and they say it was the jets and elevation. So they charge us for the labor,

Take it out to glamis same S*&^$ make for a bad weekend. take it back to trinity .. 5 weeks later they say it was the CDI box .. we replaced it with dynotec.. and paid for labor and service

Took it out yesterday and still same stuff back fire loss of power and it would die if u let it idle. .. !

My dad is pissed off we have a trip coming up for his son's (my brother's) batchler party and he might not have his rhino working by that time. So the forum is open to all advice and opinions.

Lankdog
09 750 Terxy
Pro circuit full system
Velocity Filter
Dalton Clutch kit
Custom 4 seat Cage
Vortex Twisted Stitch
CROW 4 point harness
2" wheel spacers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Wow... I thought Trinity knew somthing about customer service. I'm surprised they (TRINITY) didn't double check everything before you picked it up for the second time. Most places will help you out if you buy the kit from them. From what you described it could be a list of things. Old gas, pluged jets, dirty air filter,loose pipe,head pipe gasket,and worse the rings???? Does it start easy. Sounds like you need a new shop to spend your money at. Good luck....You know what......you could trade it in on a stock TERYX and it would still be faster.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanface View Post
Wow... I thought Trinity knew somthing about customer service. I'm surprised they (TRINITY) didn't double check everything before you picked it up for the second time. Most places will help you out if you buy the kit from them. From what you described it could be a list of things. Old gas, pluged jets, dirty air filter,loose pipe,head pipe gasket,and worse the rings???? Does it start easy. Sounds like you need a new shop to spend your money at. Good luck....You know what......you could trade it in on a stock TERYX and it would still be faster.

It Starts up like a champ, but run it for about 30 min and it starts acting up. even in normal riding conditions (Flat,Dirt, 1000ft) They are helping us out or thier not telling us somthing the messed up and dont want to pay for it out of thier pockets.! we bought the kit from them.! they have done all the work on the rhino, My pops is thinking about swaping out for a new teryx after being on mine.

Lankdog
09 750 Terxy
Pro circuit full system
Velocity Filter
Dalton Clutch kit
Custom 4 seat Cage
Vortex Twisted Stitch
CROW 4 point harness
2" wheel spacers

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:09 PM

I would look at the intake and I would put that part back to stock see what happens. These carbs need vacuum to operate right and when you remove lids and put a aftermarket intake on there they don't work right. If these vehicles had mechanical carbs on there it would not matter but we don't.

Todd

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 AM

This problem sounds similar to one I heard of from a friend of mine who has a Rhino. He had a BBK installed as well and he had the same dramatic loss of speed that you have described. According to my friend, after alot of research and changing parts like you are doing, They finally checked and found the cams were installed incorrectly. I think he said something like one tooth off. Chasing down these kind of problems can be a real pain in the @$$. Good luck with your investigation.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdog615 View Post
This problem sounds similar to one I heard of from a friend of mine who has a Rhino. He had a BBK installed as well and he had the same dramatic loss of speed that you have described. According to my friend, after alot of research and changing parts like you are doing, They finally checked and found the cams were installed incorrectly. I think he said something like one tooth off. Chasing down these kind of problems can be a real pain in the @$$. Good luck with your investigation.

Can u critically damage a BBK if not installed properly?

Lankdog
09 750 Terxy
Pro circuit full system
Velocity Filter
Dalton Clutch kit
Custom 4 seat Cage
Vortex Twisted Stitch
CROW 4 point harness
2" wheel spacers
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 05:59 PM

Yes you can damage something and he is on to something. I have more times than not put the Rhino cam in one tooth off and it idles fine but won't run up.

If yours does fine then starts to act up it is not the cam, it would not run right as soon as you gave it gas.

Another thing could be one cam is off.

I got fooled one time on a Brute and all was wrong was the one of plug wires was off, sounded normal at idle.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM

quit bending over and taking it from those guys, take it in there and said it worked fine before you did all the work, now it runs like crap. FIX it correctly. and if you cant push them to correct THEIR mistake, then you may have to resort to other options.

but the deal is if you pay someone to do a job and they do not, then it is on their dime to fix the problem.

2008 Teryx

Something to Tinker with

PM me if you are looking for a Service Manual.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 PM

i agree with hunter sounds like timing is off a tooth, i remember my first time taking apart a fourstroke was my 1986 350x threewheeler to do a curtis sparks 420 kit i was 12 at the time i put it all back together and when i was about to install it my father asked if i marked the timing chain. I was like what are you talking about sure enough after he told me what will happen i pulled it apart to find i was about 10 teeth off.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:12 AM

If it is anything like the Teryx, you can look at the fuel filter and make sure it is getting fuel. My fuel pump went bad recently and caused a similar problem. At first it would run, then after it got warm, it would not idle and ran like crap. The way I figured it out was I removed the passenger front seat to check the rear coil wires and I could see the gas drain out of the filter when the pump would start acting up.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement