Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Creal Springs, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Test drove Teryx today Ė some disappointments
Iím going to buy a RUV in the near future. Iíve been using a 660 Rhino on a small ranch I have....but itís not mine, time to buy. I think my choices are Rhino or Teryx.
From what I read, Iíve was 90% certain, Teryx was going to trump the Rhino...and I think it does, except for four things that bother me. Two I can overlook, but not sure on the other two. Other than these four things.....I did like everything else about it. That motor is smoother than the Rhino.
1. Seat is to high, and to upright. I noticed it the minute I sat in it.
2. The foot restraint, makes you pull you foot back to get seated....I HATED that.
3. NO fuel gauge....what were they thinking???
4. Parking brake...foot controlled, needs to be a hand controlled brake.
Now....I want to buy it, but the question is can I live with these issues, or can I make mods to correct them. I need help....from the knowledge base here to determine that.
1. The seat. Are there any aftermarket seat bases that can lower and TILT the seat back. AND....if it would move the seat backwards, there seems to be space.....then it would add foot room and also help with the foot restraint issue (I think).
2. Foot restraint. Iím getting in/out of the RUV all the time with ranch work...and the design of this is just wrong for that. Appears itís all molded into the design. I was trying to visualize just how to mod this. I simply want to completely remove it.
3. Fuel gauge...is there a solution to this?
4. Parking brake....a PITA, but I donít use it it all the time...but just enough to be aggravated by this.
I hope someone has a solution....since everything else I really liked.