Getting ready to go buy one tomorrow! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Getting ready to go buy one tomorrow!

Well I am going to call tomorrow morning and get pre-approved for a loan at my credit union which I don't think should be an issue and then go down and pick up an 09 sport model. I got quotes from about 4 places they all gave me the same $11,899 OTD price except one place offered me $50 less but they are a lot further drive so I am going to go with the place closest to me. I bluffed one place and said another place offered me $11,700 OTD and they said they couldn't match it so I guess in my area (SoCal) $11,899 is pretty close to the best deal you are going to get. I will normally be putting this in my toy hauler but I don't want to bring that down to the dealer to pick it up so I am assuming they have ramps to get into the back of my truck at the dealer but I don't know how to get it out at home. Any ideas. I am hoping maybe they will let me borrow some. I don't think I will ever want to put it in my truck again so I hate to buy ramps. Are there any cheap ones that can handle the weight of one of these things. After that I am thinking about getting a bed delete cage from SDR and four new seats with belts and maybe their front seats mounts and then use it like that for a while. What do you guys think? Any advice or opinions? Also I am a fat ass so I would really like to test fit some seats before I buy them. I hate to drive all the way to Riverside just to do that though. I am also not sure what to do about the back seats. My two boys are only 2 & 3 so I don't know if I go with a bench seat and strap in their car seats or if the smaller kids seats are small enough for them and then will I have to replace those with bigger ones once they get bigger, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Hmmm my friend, the ramp thing may be an issue. I would ask if you can borrown them, but I have a feeling they may not let you...is it that big of a problem to take the hauler down there? If you were in Phoenix, I would just let you use my flat bed.

As far as being a fat ass, I hear ya,...do you have anywhere that you can test sit in any seats? I have had both the PRP and Twisted Stitch...the PRPs had more containment which I liked, therefore, the Twisted Stitch may fit you better.

I would go with a bench in the back, I have been able to put a car seat back there, so get something that will be of use in the future.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Well driving a 40 foot trailer around the streets of Los Angeles isn't my idea of fun. I guess I could do it if I have to. Actualy there is the other problem of I don't think it will fit under my rear beds in stock form. I am planning on the lower hight of the SDR cage to take care of that. I guess I could buy some ramps. It seems like most of them I saw are only rated for 1000 lbs though. I hate to spend like $200-300 on something that I probably won't use again.

Oh yeah I should be able to fit this thing in my long bed Chevy shouldn't I? Also I am assuming the tailgate can handle the weight of this thing going in.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:17 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Ok really crazy idea here and I am not speaking for them over at SDR. I am sure they have a flatbed, have you thought of asking them if you could borrow it?

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

They are like a 1 1/2 hour drive from my house so not really my first choice.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Oh I am sorry, you mentioned going there so I thought they were closer to you.

Well how far is the dealer from you? IMHO, if they want to sell the Teryx they will help you out with the ramps, they may request you drop the Teryx off and then turn around and return the ramps. Make it a condition of the sale.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somekevinguy View Post
They are like a 1 1/2 hour drive from my house so not really my first choice.
Where in SOCal are you?

I have a gate saver that PDS FAb (http://www.pdsfabrication.com/GateSaver.html) makes and its for GM truck and I also have ramps for it as well.

Option 2 is to go to UHaul and ren a the 6X12 trailer with the wide gate for 30 bucks.

I deal with Art @ Montclair and they will deliver it for if you ask...

Last edited by SXSCustoms; 03-19-2009 at 12:31 AM.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

I am in Torrance if you know where that is. Like 12 miles SE of LAX. The dealer is only about 8 miles from me.

Maybe I could get them to drop it off. I have heard of some people having that done. I don't know about SoCal though.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:32 AM
CommanderTalk.com

If they want to sell it, dropping it off 8 miles away should be no big deal.

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 AM

SKG, talk with Tim at SDR. He'll take care of you. I've got an 09' and a couple of weeds (I mean kids, 5&7). SDR did a bed delete with full size twisted stitch rear seats that are set up to position the shoulder harness to accomodate little guys and "big kids". You're gonna love your new toy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement