OnBoard Air - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OnBoard Air

Ok, I want to install an on board compressor & tank. I see in s x s action mag this month they installed an atom aire. I can't find the complete kit anywhere.

I don't really understand how to read the "performance" data on the different ones. I'm basically looking at two different ones, the Extreme Outback Atom Aire & the Viair. Both are comparable in price. Or, is there another brand I should be looking at?

I want to mount it permanently, it would be best for me. I know I can get a plug-in lighter style but I don't want to deal with it.

Extreme Outback Air

Viair

2009 Teryx Sport,SDR Bed delete Cage & Full Doors , LTi +5 Long Travel,T/S Aggressor Seats (Heated & Lumbar), Vision X Dome's, ITP SS212 tires W/ Baja Cross, MSD, Muzzy's Exh., DASA airfilter & Impeller, VFJ III Clutch, K2 Siphon Break, 4500 Viperwinch, ViAir 280c on board air, Livewire LED Whip (x2), Rugged Radio Intercom with Car-2-Car, K2 Customs carbon fiber headlite buckets, Sirius !!, Speed Ind. Wheel W/ Joe's Racing Q/D, One11 Ink Roof Wrap, Garmin Oregon 450 gps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:51 PM

I'm going with the Viair since I am already used to that system on my Jeep. I'm going to mount the compressor behind the glovebox under the hood i(n the space you can't see until you remove the hood). I'm not mounting a tank because of the lack of space and the fact that UTV's need less air supply then a Jeep (air lockers and such). I'll plumb a hard line to a chuck mounted on the firewall for easy access and a remote switch.

Amateurs practice to do it right, Professionals practice until its Perfect!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Another option to consider is running a CO2 setup...the beauty of something like this is you can hard mount the bracket to the machine, however, if necessary, you can remove the tank from the bracket in the case where you need to transport it somewhere.

Both the Extreme Air and Viair are great systems if you are looking for compressors.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 PM

sorry just unexperienced.... does this compressor have an automatic shutoff so when you're not "flowing" air it stops? i mean it would be similar to a tank but it just fills the hose and then stops, right? cause if it builds and builds the hose would rupture. then you would have to tie in a relay if your switch couldnt handle the draw right? just have ideas running thru my head now
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Well I decided to go with the Viair 280c. I got a pretty good price off ebay I think. Now just gotta find a 1 gallon tank.

Looks like I'll need to get a pressure switch & include the install with the tank,that way it will shut off when at the proper pressure.

Viair 280c

2009 Teryx Sport,SDR Bed delete Cage & Full Doors , LTi +5 Long Travel,T/S Aggressor Seats (Heated & Lumbar), Vision X Dome's, ITP SS212 tires W/ Baja Cross, MSD, Muzzy's Exh., DASA airfilter & Impeller, VFJ III Clutch, K2 Siphon Break, 4500 Viperwinch, ViAir 280c on board air, Livewire LED Whip (x2), Rugged Radio Intercom with Car-2-Car, K2 Customs carbon fiber headlite buckets, Sirius !!, Speed Ind. Wheel W/ Joe's Racing Q/D, One11 Ink Roof Wrap, Garmin Oregon 450 gps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement