Have You Rolled Or Tipped Your Teryx? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

View Poll Results: Have You Had Your Teryx On It's Side?
Never Have 248 74.92%
Once When I was Driving 50 15.11%
Once When a Friend was Driving 12 3.63%
More Than Once 21 6.34%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have You Rolled Or Tipped Your Teryx?

I've been trying to do some more research on a RZR vs. Teryx idea and I've noticed that many rzr owners have at least tipped their machine on it's side.
What about Teryx owners?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racezilla500 View Post
I've been trying to do some more research on a RZR vs. Teryx idea and I've noticed that many rzr owners have at least tipped their machine on it's side.
What about Teryx owners?
Well you see... Teryx owners know how to drive...

In all seriousness, I have heard that the Razors are a bit tipsy but I feel it all come down to the way you push the machine, remember when people were flipping the SUV's.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 07:16 PM

I totally agree with SXS Customs. Every machine is different. You have to respect the machine you are driving as they are all different.

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 08:16 PM

Well hell, guess I don't know how to drive....

Probably more stupid than the rest of ya all..(Probably...???......????), day 2 of ownership, tipped it over on it's side.....doing donuts.

Dumbest tip over I had...was going up a very steep incline....couldn't make it up...momentum carrying me down...set me right square stuck in the mud on the ass end (looked like it was buried like those Cadillacs in Amarillo)

Next time tipped on the side was only going about 10 mph and hit a mud water pocket that sucked me in, this one screwed me up, it wasn't supposed to happen that way..........

so I've tipped mine 3 times, glad to see there is at least 1 other fool like me out there, there may only be "2" at this time......but.....betcha ya...us "2" have had more fun!!!!

And yes...I have no damage on the T...only ego damage.
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 09:01 PM
AXO

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Smile

I have had no tipping issues. The Teryx is a well planted Machine.

Lifes a Garden Dig it!
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 PM

I guess I am one of the only stupid ones. Yes, I have tipped mine over!!!!! Just glad I had a PDS roll cage and Crow seat belts
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teee-rible View Post
Well hell, guess I don't know how to drive....

Probably more stupid than the rest of ya all..(Probably...???......????), day 2 of ownership, tipped it over on it's side.....doing donuts.

Dumbest tip over I had...was going up a very steep incline....couldn't make it up...momentum carrying me down...set me right square stuck in the mud on the ass end (looked like it was buried like those Cadillacs in Amarillo)

Next time tipped on the side was only going about 10 mph and hit a mud water pocket that sucked me in, this one screwed me up, it wasn't supposed to happen that way..........

so I've tipped mine 3 times, glad to see there is at least 1 other fool like me out there, there may only be "2" at this time......but.....betcha ya...us "2" have had more fun!!!!

And yes...I have no damage on the T...only ego damage.
Make that #3, add me to the stupid list.....

When you ride really rough stuff, like the rocks around here, and deep ruts, you will get in positions where you don't have near enough suspension travel and you are teetering, sometimes you go onto the side and in the woods, trees and your roll cage help a lot to keep you from tipping when you got no more travel left.... Balancing acts sometimes end in a tip sideways until you have a wheel on the ground again. At least I don't use my leg or arms to keep me upright anymore, I just go ahead and let it tip, hold on. Most times very uneventful. I would love to get video sometime showing a teryx balancing on the head of a needle (Rock formation) It is pretty wild, I could have someone on each side rocking the whole machine back and forth with only one or two wheels actually touching the ground at any given point.

Man, just thinking about it makes me want to go ride.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 07:30 AM

................................. Yeah baby...........!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Make that #3, add me to the stupid list.....
We can grow larger (stupid list)
One thing I will say....when ever I do this stuff I am always by myself, believe it or not...I do drive sensible, if there is a passenger.

Quote:
At least I don't use my leg or arms to keep me upright anymore
HUH????? ouch......ouch....
I saw your superhuman strength () on the clutch video...still did not think you could hold up a 1200 lb vehicle!

Quote:
Man, just thinking about it makes me want to go ride.
Get out there and ride that 09!

I have no experience with the RZR except for test driving it, engineering wise, I'd thought....since they have a lower center of gravity, that they would hold to the ground just as well as a Teryx?
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 AM

I have'nt tipped or rolled my terex yet, but i did roll both my full sized rangers and they have an even better stability. I believe it is just a way of finding the limits. you can roll an army tank if you push it to the limit. The rangers were very tall when on their sides, and with a cab on them they almost need a step about half way on the dash to keep you from cleaning every knob off with your feet while trying to get out!

09 teryx blue, self made diamond plate alluminum top, muzzy exh., mamoth i pod speekers, 27" bighorns on itp 212 wheels, bed rails,fender flares, hurst shifter, dalton clutch kit and overdrive cover.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:38 AM

i have almost put her on her side a couple of times. 1st was going up a hill climb and dropped in to some deep rutt in 2 wheel drive that brought both right side tires off the gound i could reach out and touch the ground hammered down and came out of it, my buddies in his rhino couldn't make up in 2 but did in 4x4. the 4x4 club that was watching could not believe what they just saw. they all had to winch though. 2nd doing cookies had the right front tire planted i mean not moving at all and came out of it to do a cookie the other was and up she came up. she got on 2 wheel. i had a bowel movement then a physical movement of jerking the wheel the other way and down she came on all 4. soon to be wife still rides with me. think she is a keeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement