Muzzy's Whisper Core Test Results are in and POSITIVE!! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Muzzy's Whisper Core Test Results are in and POSITIVE!!

Hi Everybody,

I know I should have completed this install long ago, but it is finally done now.

Here is a video showing my dramatic db decrease results using the new soon to be released (I have been told) Muzzy's Whisper Cores. Any of you guys who have the Muzzy's Exhaust System can install them. I plan to test a set on my 08 with STD BORE Kit as soon as I can get another set of cores from Muzzy's. This video is 720p HD so if you want to see the HQ version click the video below and go to the youtube site and view HD.

Background info:
2009 Teryx LE
UNI Filter Element in airbox
Dalton Clutch Kit
Dalton OD Clutch Cover
Muzzy's full 2009 Model Exhaust System that has been sealed at the joints with the copper high temp RTV

I show before and after db meter results, the teryx and the db meter are not moved during the testing.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the results, I am having a hard time identifying any difference in performance between stock and with the addition of the Whisper Cores. The difference is there, but it is a very small difference. I do not have access to a dyno, but it would be interesting to see the dyno numbers because the seat of the pants say, very little difference in anything but sound levels.

Thank you for watching the video, if you have any questions or would like anything explained in more detail, please PM or post in the thread and I will do my best to answer. Thank you for watching the video.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE

Last edited by Magellan; 05-15-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Hi Everybody,

I know I should have completed this install long ago, but it is finally done now.

Here is a video showing my dramatic db decrease results using the new soon to be released (I have been told) Muzzy's Whisper Cores. Any of you guys who have the Muzzy's Exhaust System can install them. I plan to test a set on my 08 with STD BORE Kit as soon as I can get another set of cores from Muzzy's. This video is 720p HD so if you want to see the HQ version click the video below and go to the youtube site and view HD.

Background info:
2009 Teryx LE
UNI Filter Element in airbox
Dalton Clutch Kit
Dalton OD Clutch Cover
Muzzy's full 2009 Model Exhaust System that has been sealed at the joints with the copper high temp RTV

I show before and after db meter results, the teryx and the db meter are not moved during the testing.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the results, I am having a hard time identifying any difference in performance between stock and with the addition of the Whisper Cores. The difference is there, but it is a very small difference. I do not have access to a dyno, but it would be interesting to see the dyno numbers because the seat of the pants say, very little difference in anything but sound levels.

Thank you for watching the video, if you have any questions or would like anything explained in more detail, please PM or post in the thread and I will do my best to answer. Thank you for watching the video.

YouTube - Muzzy's Kawasaki Teryx "Whisper Core" Prototype Testing on 2009 Teryx

Thats Funny IPHONE, Ya we got an app for that.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXSCustoms View Post
Thats Funny IPHONE, Ya we got an app for that.
Yes believe it or not. I took it to Radio Shack and we tested it against 2 of the db meters they sell and it was always within 1db +-, so I figure that is good enough for a test like this. ATT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, but the iPhone is a gem.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Yes believe it or not. I took it to Radio Shack and we tested it against 2 of the db meters they sell and it was always within 1db +-, so I figure that is good enough for a test like this. ATT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, but the iPhone is a gem.
Good job my friend...

That is why I got the Itouch instead.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Did you notice a big change when you added the muzzy to the standard bore kit? or did you do them at the same time? I have the standard bore kit (I am famous now as I have generated a lot of posts lately and do not notice much of a difference form stock and am wondering if the exhaust is holding me back. I have it clutch, jetted with meter etc.

Thanks.

Another question, maybe this is the way its suppossed to be but since the standard bore kit and clutch kit it is significantly louder in the cab, I think because the rpm range in raised all the time now under accelleration?

I have been reluctant on the exhaust because of noise so would you say its as quiet as stock with the wisper cores?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzjeeper View Post
Did you notice a big change when you added the muzzy to the standard bore kit? or did you do them at the same time? I have the standard bore kit (I am famous now as I have generated a lot of posts lately and do not notice much of a difference form stock and am wondering if the exhaust is holding me back. I have it clutch, jetted with meter etc.

Thanks.

Another question, maybe this is the way its suppossed to be but since the standard bore kit and clutch kit it is significantly louder in the cab, I think because the rpm range in raised all the time now under accelleration?

I have been reluctant on the exhaust because of noise so would you say its as quiet as stock with the wisper cores?

The Muzzy's Exhaust was the first thing I put on the machine with the Hunterworks kit, so not sure. The STD BORE kit made a huge difference in power from the first time I fired it up after installation.

These whisper cores do restrict the flow, so not sure how they will work on the o8 with STD Bore kit. If Murray sends me a high performance set to try I will. My 08 with Muzzy's Exhaust and STD BORE Kit is 1db louder than the max readings I got with the 09 in the video above, or about 104.5db at WOT.

If you watch the video, you can see how (RPM) my Dalton Clutch engages, I think it is sweet.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzjeeper View Post

Thanks.

The bore kit and clutch made it louder? I'd thought it wouldn't be that significant, since my bore kit...I can notice hearing the engine louder.
The muzzy quiet core is still no where close to stock exhaust sound, but you're going to add 5-8 more HP with the muzzys.

Quote:
The Muzzy's Exhaust was the first thing I put on the machine with the Hunterworks kit, so not sure. The STD BORE kit made a huge difference in power from the first time I fired it up after installation.

These whisper cores do restrict the flow, so not sure how they will work on the o8 with STD Bore kit. If Murray sends me a high performance set to try I will. My 08 with Muzzy's Exhaust and STD BORE Kit is 1db louder than the max readings I got with the 09 in the video above, or about 104.5db at WOT.

If you watch the video, you can see how (RPM) my Dalton Clutch engages, I think it is sweet.
Good job Will... , uh, is that a plug (If Murray sends me a high performance set to try I will.) to get another set to you for testing.....
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

I think the bore kit and my intake mods made my intake noise a lot louder in the cockpit but I don't really notice by ear if it made the exhaust louder. The 08 registers peaks of about 104 on my db meter and the 09 was hitting 103.6 max on the same meter before I installed the Whisper Cores. I think the Dalton Clutch may be quieter than stock, but not sure about that. It does make a click when the RPM drops below clutch engagement RPM, but it is not really what I would call loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teee-rible View Post

Good job Will... , uh, is that a plug (If Murray sends me a high performance set to try I will.) to get another set to you for testing.....
Not really Tee.

When I talked to Murray initially about using the prototypes in this video on the 08 highly modded with STD Bore kit he said he thought they would probably be to restrictive. I asked him yesterday after experiencing this HUGE sound level reduction on the 09 if he could make up a set that were less restrictive but still cut the sound level for the crazy modded 08. If he makes up a set for me to try, I will stick them into the cans on my 08 and test them.

I can tell you for sure that the 09 is WAY QUIETER with the Whisper Cores. I go on my first 5+ hour ride on Monday weather permitting in VA, at Gum Hill, so I will let you know how it went with the new cores on some VERY steep and rooty and rocky terrain. Can't wait.

Whatcha doing up so early on a Sat Tee? You are in CST right?

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE

Last edited by Magellan; 05-16-2009 at 05:22 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Not really Tee.
Ya know I'sa just joking!

Quote:
Whatcha doing up so early on a Sat Tee? You are in CST right?
Yup CST, got farm chores and business chores.
I am working 16 hour shifts on Friday Saturday and Sunday, that way...I get my "real job" outta the way. But Mondays can't do much...too tired. Well...I am at work now....HAHAHA...if that tells ya how hard my "real job" is..

Did you notice "engine sound" as in sound from the crank or pistons or lifters?
The reason I ask...is because is seems to me the only thing I really notice is lifter or valve noise is alot louder, I personally don't see how those puny ass valves handle those large FST springs, now after doing this work, I can see how some real power gains can be made thru some head and porting work..

I personally did not notice my exhaust sound any louder with the 840 kit, if so it was minimal, but the "mean ass growl" sound now is alot different, really does sound like a freaking steroid machine now.
I do plan on doing the quiet cores and repacking when and if they become available......when Murray tells us he has them ready to sell....I am there...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 AM

A friend of mine just purchased a stock 08. Comparing back to back sound levels in the cab mine is definatley louder. Intake and motor noise and not really exhaust. I have also done alot to combat the sound in mine which is even further troubling. I have Dynamat in all the engine bays plastic. Seems like the rpms are higher accross the board so thats why I am thinking its louder? Power is not that much difference, not the night and day everyone is saying so now I am trying to figure out what it could be. I get a few bike lengths off the line and probably 5 lengths when he hits the limiter slightly down hill. I kill him uphill though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement