Teryx HQ banner

Warn RT30 Winch Install...

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hunterworks 
#1 ·
Just received my Warn RT30 winch from hunterworks, and wondering if anyone else has installed this winch?

Questions:
1) Any tips for the install?
2) Where to hookup the big wires.
3) Where to mount the external connection for the remote.
4) How did you mount the dash mount switch.

Thanks in advance!

Scott...

#2 ·
Hope you got the teryx mounting kit, the one sent with WARN is only for the fairlead.
I just finished mine up...it was more than I thought it was going to be, but not to bad.
I ran my contactor under the drivers side seat close to the battery - I did not want to get mud and dirt on it - even knowing it is waterproof.
I have only hooked up the external control by mounting a little L-shaped bracket on the front bolt of the winch mount, will probably not hook up the other switch untill I decide what type of dash mount device I will come up with.
I also connected the red small wire (contactor energizing wire) into my accessory fuse wire. This is the solid brown wire running underneath the fuse box, it was easier to get to once I removed the CDI box, then I was able to make a good splice and tap into it. I was told other places to attach this wire, but this resulted in a much easier job by splicing in there. I'll go see if I can get some pics if that helps. I installed a VIPER MAX 4500, don't know how it compares to a WARN yet, I've not used it, but I would assume they both basically hook up the same?

#3 ·
Thanks for the info... I havent installed it yet cause I'm waiting to get my CDI this week and dont want to do this in 2 separate installs. I did get a Teryx mount for the winch.

Interesting choice to mount your remote cable.. Do you think it will be ok down there? i.e. with all of the water and muck that you are going to get in the general winch area, do you think that the connector will stay dry?

Also, how did you run the wires to your contactor under the seat? Were you able to hide all of the wires well?

Scott...

#4 ·
I've got an RT30 to install as well. Where specially did you mount the contractor. I glance at the area under the seat, and I wasn't immediately sure just where to mount that.

Where the wires provided long enough to get to that area? I'll probably try to do this in a couple of days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.