Squished Terantasaurus - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Squished Terantasaurus

Hi Everyone

Terantasaurus is doing well after getting Squished or Sqaushed whatever you want to call it ..

The kids snagged a low flying stump on the trail .. Can you say Ouch ...
the passenger side A arm Snagged and bent the wheel back far enough to shatter the floor pan , bend the rim and rung the upper steering shaft .and crushed the box tube where the rear A arm bracket rests.and bent the whole front clip atleast 2 inches .. needless to say there was alot of work in trying to get stuff lined back up .. had to cut a 4 in section of box tubing out on one side and make afew slices one the other to relieve the pressure ..
had to make some jacks out of all thread and pipe so we could jack it around and straighten things up.. hyd rams would have been nice ..

anyhow after alot of effort and cogitating and my trusty tape i managed to line it all back up and it looks pretty darn good .. if i didnt tell you how bad it was you would never know the diff ..

had to make the section of box tube .. odd size

What can i say for the t rex .. pretty tuff machine .. all stock , still runs , been rolled more than once , smoked the belt once as well ..

extended warranty was B/S and i now know why those guys where looking at me funny when i wanted some stuff done ..there is alot stuff that has to come off to get at anything //
( rusty bolts and screws make it hard and being close to the salt water in Fla is a Biotch )
so when yer paying the shop rates its like sure we can do that not a problem but when yer trying to get them to do warranty work that puppy might sit there afew months till they get around to it .....

The one thing i could use some info on is the Cv joints //
my dealer says you have to buy the whole thing ( Driver side rear )

you can get boots but not a rebuild kit with the joint itself //

any help with that would be nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:59 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Try to buy some of the parts from someone who went / or sells long travel kits.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERANTASAURUS-REX View Post
Hi Everyone

Terantasaurus is doing well after getting Squished or Sqaushed whatever you want to call it ..

The kids snagged a low flying stump on the trail .. Can you say Ouch ...
the passenger side A arm Snagged and bent the wheel back far enough to shatter the floor pan , bend the rim and rung the upper steering shaft .and crushed the box tube where the rear A arm bracket rests.and bent the whole front clip atleast 2 inches .. needless to say there was alot of work in trying to get stuff lined back up .. had to cut a 4 in section of box tubing out on one side and make afew slices one the other to relieve the pressure ..
had to make some jacks out of all thread and pipe so we could jack it around and straighten things up.. hyd rams would have been nice ..

anyhow after alot of effort and cogitating and my trusty tape i managed to line it all back up and it looks pretty darn good .. if i didnt tell you how bad it was you would never know the diff ..

had to make the section of box tube .. odd size

What can i say for the t rex .. pretty tuff machine .. all stock , still runs , been rolled more than once , smoked the belt once as well ..

extended warranty was B/S and i now know why those guys where looking at me funny when i wanted some stuff done ..there is alot stuff that has to come off to get at anything //
( rusty bolts and screws make it hard and being close to the salt water in Fla is a Biotch )
so when yer paying the shop rates its like sure we can do that not a problem but when yer trying to get them to do warranty work that puppy might sit there afew months till they get around to it .....

The one thing i could use some info on is the Cv joints //
my dealer says you have to buy the whole thing ( Driver side rear )

you can get boots but not a rebuild kit with the joint itself //

any help with that would be nice
I have a set of Stock front & rear A-arms & axles that I will sell if you need them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement