Teryx HQ banner

Tire For 14" Wheel

Tags
tire wheel
9K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  travdude 
#1 ·
Alright, I am in need of some tires for my 14 x 7 beadlocks...Any recommendations on tire size and tire type? I would like something that wears well on the road, however, is pretty aggressive for the desert. I am kinda interested in the MTRs, however, still need to get some recommendations on size.

#3 · (Edited)
I like the bighonrs, bfg's (have to search they aren't making them anymore), or the MTR's. Goodyear has always made a great tire. I would also go with a 26" tall tire. Seems to give good ground clearance but not rob a ton of power like a tire any taller would do. Definately go radial tire though.

#4 ·
I have looking into actually the Bighorns, TerraCross, or the MTR's so it looks like I am on the right track. Thanks you guys.

#6 ·
Thanks, I am pretty much leaning towards those.

#7 ·
So what do you all think? 14x7 beadlocks running 26x9x14 Big Horns?

#9 ·
I ride pretty much everything, so I am not strictly just a sand rider. To answer you question though, rotational weight is always something that should be considered.

The reason I am going with 7" all around, is because that is the width of the wheel the sponsor makes :) While they are 14" x 7" they are actually lighter than a 12" wheel seeing as they are carbon fiber :)

http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/kawas...sion-topic-hiper-technology-dakar-wheels.html

#10 ·
Everyone I talk to runs the norrower tire in the front and the wider in the rear even on a wheel the same width. Just a thought.

#11 ·
You steal my seats and then have the nerve to tell me what wheels to run??? ;)

LOL, ya I know that is how it is from the factory, but if I run the front as 9's not sure that I can run the rears as 11's on a 7" wheel.

#12 ·
Seats were stolen and they look a lot better in my Teryx than they ever did in yours lol. I am not sure on th wheel and tire deal just telling you what I have heard. Headed back to the garage more work to be done.

#13 ·
Awesome, make sure to have your camera in hand!

#16 ·
Thanks for the information...I was thinking that I was not going to before, but now I am starting to considering staggering the tire sizes, maybe 9" up front and 11" on the rear.

#19 ·
Ihave a set of xtrs for sale cheap if you wanted to just try them out they have about 700 mi on them i had them on a can am 800 i m asking 500 for tires and wheels itp type 7 machined will fit teryx.#817-773-1659

#20 ·
If I was going to drive mine on the street more I would go with those toyo's they look nice and would make on road driving sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.