Teryx HQ banner

roof questions

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RustyBas 
#1 ·
Ok I have had my Teryx for 3 months and was looking at the alum roof on it today while out riding. The roof is mounted about 3/4 of an inch off the roll cage with some foam padding underneath, if it is mounted directly to the cage do these rattle horribly? I would assume this is why it was done this way, I have thought of remounting directly to the cage with u-bolts to fasten it on but leave the foam anyone done this?

Rusty

#2 ·
I install the Kawasaki aluminum roof, nice looking but did not like the way it sit on the roll cage.
I install it directly on the cage (no foam) you might have to work the edge of the roof a little, re-drill the bracket hold to have it as low as possible and built 2 pieces to deflect to branches on the front. If I had to do it again I will buy from a different company but made of aluminum. We do a lot of wood trail and this roof is no good, branches slide under the front part. Very good quality but the guy that design this roof never ride on a wood trail. I also cut the cage 4 inches, now I can folow my body's RZR.

#4 ·
That is part of my problem, I dont hate the look other than it being bright silver instead of black like the cage. But the tree limbs do get caught under the roof and the back of the roof is cracked and I was hoping if i droped it right onto the cage it might stop the flex and breaking. Maybe with some u bolts or somthing right to the roll cage i dont know.

Rusty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.