Extented Warranty Yes or No? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Extented Warranty Yes or No?

How many of you bought the extended warranty? My dealer charges $889.00 for 2 years in Canada. Has somebody had any problems with their Teryx to make the extra investment worth it? I know the engine has been proven but what about transmission, differential, clutch, axle???? Thanks very much for your help and comments.

Teryx Sport 2009
Aluminium Top, Custom Windshield, Lowrance GPS, Bumper Braces, Extinguisher, 4000 Viper Elite Winch, Front A-Arm Guard, Rear A-Arm Guard, Extra Brake lights, Muzzy Exhaust, Custom Cage, Crows 4 points, MSD, Uni filter, rear view miror.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:15 AM

I personally don't think it is worth it, but hell, I had the motor apart before the 6 month warranty was up!
If you aren't someone that will want to do the work yourself, then it could be worth it for you. I have heard from many people on these forums, that Kawa does a piss poor job of honoring the warranty anyway, especially if you've done mods. Still don't understand why they only warranty for 6 months when they warranty everything else they make for a year.
There is some sellers on ebay that sell the same warranty from $500, don't know how that works for people either.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 AM

And $900 will buy a lot of mods!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 AM

I am not a person that usually buys any extended warranty. I have had honda three wheelers and four wheelers all my life and have never had an issue that a extended warranty would have covered, but a friend of mine has the Kawasaki 650 and 700 and has told me about the front differential seal being an issue on leaking and Kawasaki dont sell all the parts for it and you have to buy the whole differential, so I purchased the 4 year warranty for $1200. Since then the only problem I have had was the radiator fan quit working and the key would not turn in the cylinder. I have not ever heard of anyone having any of these issues nor has this teryx ever been in deep water or mud. I have not even hardly had any debris like sand or mud in or near the radiator or fan motor.I have 55 hrs on the 09 rex at this time. So would you buy the warranty, it is up to you, but for now I think I am glad at this time and will know in 4 1/2 years. Lots of people may say no on warranty due to the fact that they have time and know how to do all the repairs. I do most of mine but do not know how to do any deep issues.

Last edited by codyo; 10-12-2009 at 11:35 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teee-rible View Post
I personally don't think it is worth it, but hell, I had the motor apart before the 6 month warranty was up!
If you aren't someone that will want to do the work yourself, then it could be worth it for you. I have heard from many people on these forums, that Kawa does a piss poor job of honoring the warranty anyway, especially if you've done mods. Still don't understand why they only warranty for 6 months when they warranty everything else they make for a year.
There is some sellers on ebay that sell the same warranty from $500, don't know how that works for people either.
Fremont Motors in California sells the 48 month "Kawasaki GTPP" for $590 on E-Bay. I purchased it and so did some other posters. Its all Legit. They register the warranty directly with Kawasaki and you get all the paperwork to prove it. Any dealer in the US will and must honor it. Fremont Motors have great feedback on E-Bay and you can check it out yourself. The salesman was a gentleman and made things very easy. No hard selling. He told me to check it out before I make any purchase. I asked how do they sell it so cheap when my dealer wants $1200 for the same thing. There answer is that they do large volume and lower profit. The local dealers make a killing selling the warranty. My dealer pestered me more to buy the warranty than to buy the Teryx.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy266 View Post
My dealer pestered me more to buy the warranty than to buy the Teryx.

That in itself should be your answer.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy266 View Post
Fremont Motors in California sells the 48 month "Kawasaki GTPP" for $590 on E-Bay. I purchased it and so did some other posters. Its all Legit. They register the warranty directly with Kawasaki and you get all the paperwork to prove it. Any dealer in the US will and must honor it. Fremont Motors have great feedback on E-Bay and you can check it out yourself. The salesman was a gentleman and made things very easy. No hard selling. He told me to check it out before I make any purchase. I asked how do they sell it so cheap when my dealer wants $1200 for the same thing. There answer is that they do large volume and lower profit. The local dealers make a killing selling the warranty. My dealer pestered me more to buy the warranty than to buy the Teryx.
I contact Fremont Motors, you are right they have the best deal around but I am in Canada and there warranty is good for the US only. I decide to buy a 2 years for $889.00, since I am thinking to buy the new Can-Am SxS if it is built right, with the big engine, then selling my Teryx Sport with extended warranty will be easier.

Teryx Sport 2009
Aluminium Top, Custom Windshield, Lowrance GPS, Bumper Braces, Extinguisher, 4000 Viper Elite Winch, Front A-Arm Guard, Rear A-Arm Guard, Extra Brake lights, Muzzy Exhaust, Custom Cage, Crows 4 points, MSD, Uni filter, rear view miror.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:41 PM

You will be waiting more than 2 years for a can am.I didnt hold my breath 2 years ago.The motor is bullet proof.All i've ever done was change the oil.Ive got over 150 hours on her now and shes still going strong.$900 is a lot of coin but if she drops a trasmission gear youll be happy you did.

230 Hours
Standard Muzzy duals
Hunterworks Carb Kit
Dynatek C.D.I.
Uni Filter
Dalton Clutch Kit and O.D. Cover
Kolpin Dual Gun Holders
Warn XT 3000 Winch
Custom Cut Lexan Windshields
Guages Water/Gas/Volt
soon to be fabbed
4 seat cage with removable boat rack

http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/kawasa...shields-3.html
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx SxS 01 View Post
How many of you bought the extended warranty? My dealer charges $889.00 for 2 years in Canada. Has somebody had any problems with their Teryx to make the extra investment worth it? I know the engine has been proven but what about transmission, differential, clutch, axle???? Thanks very much for your help and comments.
Hi I bought the extended 4 year warranty bumper to bumper with mine for $900.00.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 PM

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx SxS 01 View Post
Hi I bought the extended 4 year warranty bumper to bumper with mine for $900.I havent had to replace anything yet but the replacement parts and labor is expensive on these things right now.If you know how to work on them and dont mind doing it,it might be worth just buying mods for it for $900.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement