which UTV to buy? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
RJB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

which UTV to buy?

Hi guys first time poster. lots of great info on this site keep up the good work. Planning to buy a utv, not sure which brand to get can anyone help me make my decision. teryx looks like a nice machine, but why should i buy a teryx?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Lets start here first...what sort of riding do you do?

Welcome to the site!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
RJB

hey thanks for the reply. mostly bush trails and open fields, no mountains, rock climbing or deserts. Would like to mount a bench seat in the back for the kids.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 10:04 PM
CommanderTalk.com

The Teryx is a great choice...great motor, great handling, good payload rating...I think you will do great with a Teryx!

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJB View Post
Hi guys first time poster. lots of great info on this site keep up the good work. Planning to buy a utv, not sure which brand to get can anyone help me make my decision. teryx looks like a nice machine, but why should i buy a teryx?
can't go wrong with teryx I own 06 Rhino and 09 teryx both are good rides but the teryx has a little more room ,more payload, more motor and if you want lot more power and speed that is easy and simple to access.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
RJB

have a chance to buy a good used 2008 teryx 1600 miles camo. Is there a big difference between the 2008 and 2009 besides fuel injection. Does the 09 have more power?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 10:31 AM

some 08s did not have digital dash, cup holders,tilt bed depending on the model the big is the fuel injection on the 09, I live in north Louisianna and in the winter having the efi is so much better on cold starts. some other minor differences that are not visible depends on how good of a deal
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 06:34 PM

Smile

The fuel injection on the 09 is great. My 09 starts at altitude(above 9500') in the snow with no problems and plenty of stock horse power!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:13 PM

I just bought a 09 terex and for me it was the size vs th yamaha Rhino its too small and the Big Red was ugly so it came down to this or the Polaris Ranger its quieter than the Terex which is a plus and it has aton more storage than the Terex and I like the bench seat but it came down to the fact that the terex is so much faster and power is fun the Terex is an all around great machine for fun and work I will let you know how it does plowing snow. Winter is here and we have a cabin in Breckenridge.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:19 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Winter is here and we have a cabin in Breckenridge.
Sorry for the side note, however, I have friends that had a home in Breckenridge...I bet you have, however, ever go over to Downstairs at Erics? That placed rocked! I loved my time in Breckenridge...the people there are awesome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement