What is a Good Price for Teryx - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What is a Good Price for Teryx

I have been shopping around to find the best price for a new Kawasaki Teryx. I am looking for the NRA Outdoors model. So far, the best price that I have found is $10,499.00 before tax. That would be $11,299.00 with tax and title fees included. I will have to drive ~4 hours north to Atlanta, GA to get it for this price. So gas will cost me about $250.00. Does anyone know if each dealership pays different amounts for these vehicles, or is my local dealership just trying to get one over on me to charge $11,349.00 before tax. My local dealership told me that the mark up was only a couple hundred dollars on these things. If that is true, how can the dealership in Atlanta sell them so cheap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ebay is looking pretty good
Most of these are dealers and will ship right to your door for around 600 bucks anywhere in the US.

eBay Motors: New 2008 Kawasaki Teryx 750 4x4 UTV RUV NRA Edition NRA (item 370053886380 end time May-31-08 10:42:58 PDT)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to mouser58
Better check ALL of the hidden cost possibly with this dealership. They are the dealership that I have dealt with when I bought V-Force and Brute Force. (They are 40 miles from my house) They have guys bid up their stuff for them too. I haven't dealt with them lately. If you go there and buy, they are really good to buy a new ATV off of, but their parts department is REAL HIGH. I priced the plate for a winch for the Brute. Rocky Mountain had them for $66. Extreme wanted $99. They are about $20 a tire higher, too for aftermarkets.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:26 AM

Yeah i don't know anything about them.

I just found that.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 10:42 AM
CommanderTalk.com

I used to have a source who could have given us all the dealer cost on the Teryx, and the associated fees, that would have given you a good place to start the negotiations, unfortunately, his contact information is in a PM on a site that I am not aloud to use PMs anymore.

Also, you will find that it is a supply and demand thing...if you go to a dealer who has never sold one he will likely deal more than a dealer that sells several a month (granted this is not always the case) With that said though, some dealers want to move as many units as possible, while some want to make a killing on each one they sell.

Sometimes it is not always about what others paid, but how you feel about the price you pay. One thing to keep in mind, paying a little extra at a dealership you are comfortable with may be worth the hassle then saving some money at a dealer you do not care for.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM

I know that some dealers will work with you on price.

I went to 4 dealers before I found one that would work with me.

I found a dealer in Salem Oregon (cycle Sport) that sold me one for 400 off msrp, and waved the setup fee.
Non LE

I think alot of it has to do with volume they had 4 sitting in the show room.

i walked in other dealer and seen 100 Rhinos and one teryx

But what Diesel said it true
I will pay a little extra for good service.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the insight guys. I found a dealership here close by that has agreed to the NRA Outdoors for 10,500.00 OTD. That is the best that I have been able to find. This guy told me that they are having a hard time moving the Teryx because everyone wants to wait for the EFI. He did tell me that he has been told by his Kawasaki contacts, that the Teryx will be availible in EFI in September. I don't think that he would lie, because he knows that I would prefer to have EFI and he is trying to get me to buy one of the carb versions now. I believe that I will go ahead with the purchase of the carb version, and just try to get rid of it in a year to upgrade to the EFI.

Thanks for your help.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 05:32 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Just so you know...I have spoken to what I would like to consider a reliable source. Kawasaki will not release an EFI Teryx for 2009, soonest you may see one is 2010.

To me, and I am not a dealer nor do I have any inside dealer information, however, $10,500 OTD does sound like a pretty decent price to me.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Went and picked up the Teryx today. The salesman mas confused and had quoted me a price on a Camo Base Model. I spoke with the owner and ended up getting a NRA Outdoors for $11235.00 out the door. But I had to wait all day for them to put it together. It was still in the crate when I got there. I asked them not to install the top because of the cracking problem, but the dealer told me to just leave it on and if it cracked, I could bring it back and he would replace it. I didn't go over 65 MPH on the way home, but it didn't crack.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Congradulations on your new toy!! So have you had it out yet? What are the big plans for it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement