HW plus forums equals idiot!!! Sorry!! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HW plus forums equals idiot!!! Sorry!!

I really hate forums sometimes. We all get so far away from what the forum is for and that is helping someone.

These things have a tendency to turn us in to idiots and I am probably the biggest.

The old saying is true, "Best to be thought a idiot than to open your mouth and prove it"

I'm also a hypocrite, I say I won't get into stupid debates anymore and then every month or two I find myself right in the middle of some heated subject.

I guess the good part is I have a conscience and feel guilty about it.

I apologize to Mickey at Four Stroke Tech and anyone else who has had to read our BS.

I'm sure his stuff is fine, lots of engines out there running fine with his stuff in it.

I am just anal as hell and when I put Hunterworks name on the line over a product I have to be totally confident in what I sell. We don't need problems we have enough.

If I had a engine apart and was putting all new bearings in it and someone came along with some proof that there new bearings were better in some way but cost more I would use them. Why? Cause the way I look at it if I'm going in that deep and spend the money then I will spend a little more to give me piece of mind. The whole time the original bearings most likely would have been fine. It would eat me up thinking that something could go wrong and all I had to do is spend a little more to have a piece of mind.

Done this, put a whole new crank in my race rhino cause I heard a metalic sound, still there, put all new bearings in engine, still there, put new piston in there and still there. Still don't know where the noise is but it is not in the engine but my anal butt had to replace everything so it didn't fail in a race. Raced it in a 8hr race and won and the whole time it was making the metallic noise.

Now add the fact that a customer who is going to be a couple thousand dollars into a engine and wants me to give him advice about what to use and will hold me responsible for what he uses then I will definitely tell him to use the better bearings to insure he has no issues. If I thought there was a one in million chance the stock bearings may fail and the better ones would fail one in ten million then I would go with the better bearings every time. It is called CYA!!

For a real world example we don't sell engine kits on our site because I don't like rewelded cams. We use them in our engine builds cause we don't have a choice but we are limiting our exposure until billet cams are available and proven then we will sell kits on our site. How often do they fail? Rarely but rarely is too often for me.

The mention of bearings is just a example, there is no actual better bearings I know of.

You simply have to walk in a guys shoes a while to fully understand it.

Mickey is mad at me cause I threaten his sales, I am mad at Mickey cause he threatens my sales, Ray is mad Mickey cause he threatens his sales and Mickey is mad at Ray cause he threatens his sales.

None of us is getting rich we are just eating. Like I have said many times just go with who you are comfortable with and stick to them

Whole point is I am sorry for being a ass, I don't do it just to be a ass but to try and protect the consumer whether I really am or not I think I am!!

"Todd the Idiot"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 AM

Good job Todd, takes a big man to admit mistakes.

2008 Teryx

Something to Tinker with

PM me if you are looking for a Service Manual.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 07:00 AM

how come you get to be the site "idiot"? can you prove your the biggest idiot? i want to see numbers!

good job todd.

08 Teryx NRA LE, FST 840, VForce John Stage 3 Clutch Mod, DASA Filter & Plenum Rings, 09 Sport Shocks, Engine ICE, 27 inch BIGHORNS, Dynatek CDI, MUZZY Duals, HunterWorks Carb Kit, BRP Gas Gauge, Full cab from ShockPro's

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

I'm just one of them but I like my other statements I make without proof I think I am the biggest.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordberg View Post
how come you get to be the site "idiot"? can you prove your the biggest idiot? i want to see numbers!

good job todd.
There are many of us out there and the competition for the biggest is strong.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 09:15 AM

Todd you and Mickey has been better than anything I can find on TV, so at least ya'll can stay at it until Febuary when Daytona 500 and Nascar starts back
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Bigdaddy, you will have to watch some football or something. This show has been cancelled!!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
I really hate forums sometimes. We all get so far away from what the forum is for and that is helping someone.

These things have a tendency to turn us in to idiots and I am probably the biggest.

The old saying is true, "Best to be thought a idiot than to open your mouth and prove it"

I'm also a hypocrite, I say I won't get into stupid debates anymore and then every month or two I find myself right in the middle of some heated subject.

I guess the good part is I have a conscience and feel guilty about it.

I apologize to Mickey at Four Stroke Tech and anyone else who has had to read our BS.

I'm sure his stuff is fine, lots of engines out there running fine with his stuff in it.

I am just anal as hell and when I put Hunterworks name on the line over a product I have to be totally confident in what I sell. We don't need problems we have enough.

If I had a engine apart and was putting all new bearings in it and someone came along with some proof that there new bearings were better in some way but cost more I would use them. Why? Cause the way I look at it if I'm going in that deep and spend the money then I will spend a little more to give me piece of mind. The whole time the original bearings most likely would have been fine. It would eat me up thinking that something could go wrong and all I had to do is spend a little more to have a piece of mind.

Done this, put a whole new crank in my race rhino cause I heard a metalic sound, still there, put all new bearings in engine, still there, put new piston in there and still there. Still don't know where the noise is but it is not in the engine but my anal butt had to replace everything so it didn't fail in a race. Raced it in a 8hr race and won and the whole time it was making the metallic noise.

Now add the fact that a customer who is going to be a couple thousand dollars into a engine and wants me to give him advice about what to use and will hold me responsible for what he uses then I will definitely tell him to use the better bearings to insure he has no issues. If I thought there was a one in million chance the stock bearings may fail and the better ones would fail one in ten million then I would go with the better bearings every time. It is called CYA!!

For a real world example we don't sell engine kits on our site because I don't like rewelded cams. We use them in our engine builds cause we don't have a choice but we are limiting our exposure until billet cams are available and proven then we will sell kits on our site. How often do they fail? Rarely but rarely is too often for me.

The mention of bearings is just a example, there is no actual better bearings I know of.

You simply have to walk in a guys shoes a while to fully understand it.

Mickey is mad at me cause I threaten his sales, I am mad at Mickey cause he threatens my sales, Ray is mad Mickey cause he threatens his sales and Mickey is mad at Ray cause he threatens his sales.
None of us is getting rich we are just eating. Like I have said many times just go with who you are comfortable with and stick to them

Whole point is I am sorry for being a ass, I don't do it just to be a ass but to try and protect the consumer whether I really am or not I think I am!!

"Todd the Idiot"

You really don't get it do you! I'm not mad,I just hate people that say stuff that isn't true. You and Ray are one in the same. You tell lies to put my products down,so I simple come on here and give the facts. You and Ray may not like that because it takes sales from you. I don't care about competition,in fact I love it.You guys in no way will threaten my sales because the guys with common sence will see the truth as long as I am on here. You can try and run around behind closed doors and bad mouth me, but know that I always find out about it sooner or later.I do not,even for a min. think that I have to have every sale,or that everyone will buy my products. I am more than content with my business,I can't handle too much more then I already have.Bottom line is I will continue to present the facts and dispel yours or Ray's lies if you choose to keep going down this path.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Mickey, I think you missed the part where I said I was sorry and your stuff is fine.

Goodluck!!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Mickey, I think you missed the part where I said I was sorry and your stuff is fine.

Goodluck!!
Yes the self professed hypocrite said he was sorry. I will wait to see if you have repented. Lots of people are sorry after they get caught at do something wrong,only to do it again and again. What are you truly sorry about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread