Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern Indiana
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like you may have a couple different problems, either your battery is weak or you have something wired wrong. Your winch should not kill the motor during use.
I have installed Warns, Vipers and Superwinch winches, without actually being there to test it, I would start with the battery first, check voltage on it before starting and after starting. Use the winch and if it kills the motor check voltage again, if you have a significant drop it could be a bad cell in the battery, the problem being what caused it, by it taking a full charge within minutes does'nt mean alot.
I would charge it fully, record the voltage, let it sit overnight and check again the next day, if the battery passes start looking at your wiring, it has either been wired wrong or you may have a bad contactor (the relay box for the winch).
Its tough to diagnose things over the internet, just a few suggestions, good luck.