dirt in airbox - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

dirt in airbox

dealer says i need new pisten rings valves new heads due to dirt in carbs. i clean my airfiltr all the time aarrenty wont cover say my fault boot at carbs suck should be a kaw. recall any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:15 AM

when you get it rebuilt (sorry...), make sure to buy the dasa plenum rings...fixes this issue!

08 LE, DASA 840, Muzzys, CDI, Open Filter Carb setup, VFJ Stage 3, XMF LT w / WER shocks, XMF 2 seat radius cage, XMF bed delete kit and bumpers, Lowrance Baja 540c GPS, HID's, 14" MSA MCX tires on black MSA Diesels, Twisted Stitch Agressors w / XMF seat bases, and a whole bunch of other shit!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 AM

That really sucks they have had an issue with that and one should not have to deal with those issues due to bad design, I have neglected my Rhino for 500 miles with no air cleaner maintenance

Big Daddy

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee View Post
dealer says i need new pisten rings valves new heads due to dirt in carbs. i clean my airfiltr all the time aarrenty wont cover say my fault boot at carbs suck should be a kaw. recall any help
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconym View Post
when you get it rebuilt (sorry...), make sure to buy the dasa plenum rings...fixes this issue!
Common problem with 2008. I 2nd the DASA information.

2009 Kawasaki Teryx Sport
FU2Chassis 4 Seat Cage
TripleX Industries Rear Bench Seat
KBrown Customs HID kit
DASA Impeller
Fiber Skinz

Safety is no accident
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 03:32 PM

Peewee,

Kind of doubt you need new heads. If your interested we do motor builds and can ship you some brackets to bolt to motor then a pallet for shipping.

I can't stand giving a dealership money that I feel is taking advantage of someone.

And the DASA rings are a great idea

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 AM

THe plenum rings are a cheap insurrance policy against the dirt enterring your carbs and then into the motor. In most cases the plenum is very loosly attached from the factory and with all the vibration of the engine, the plenum has a tendancy of popping off the top of the carbs. It may come off the front, rear , or possibly both carbs. Also the plenum is made of thin walled plastic and in my case, the hose clamp was overtightened from the factory and from engine heat caused the plenum hole to actually make a egg shape with a crease in the corner. This crease was ever so slight enough that you could see where dust had been passing through the front carb boot. I agree is it a piss poor design but the 20-25$ rings serve the purpose of a solid circular mounting surface so you can really crank down on the hose clamps with no worries.

Also the way the stock air filter installs in the airbox in my opinion is not up to standards. The foam gasket that sits flush looks as if it is porous enough to let dust pass. The solution is to ditch the stock air filter and purchase the UNI clamp on filter and supplied billet adapter that you install in the front of the airbox. THis will 100% eliminate any possiblity of dust entering and the uni may give you a hair more power. This piece is around 75$ ..Hunterworks has this

SO for 100$ you should be dust free and more piece of mind while out on the trails.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
THe plenum rings are a cheap insurrance policy against the dirt enterring your carbs and then into the motor. In most cases the plenum is very loosly attached from the factory and with all the vibration of the engine, the plenum has a tendancy of popping off the top of the carbs. It may come off the front, rear , or possibly both carbs. Also the plenum is made of thin walled plastic and in my case, the hose clamp was overtightened from the factory and from engine heat caused the plenum hole to actually make a egg shape with a crease in the corner. This crease was ever so slight enough that you could see where dust had been passing through the front carb boot. I agree is it a piss poor design but the 20-25$ rings serve the purpose of a solid circular mounting surface so you can really crank down on the hose clamps with no worries.

Also the way the stock air filter installs in the airbox in my opinion is not up to standards. The foam gasket that sits flush looks as if it is porous enough to let dust pass. The solution is to ditch the stock air filter and purchase the UNI clamp on filter and supplied billet adapter that you install in the front of the airbox. THis will 100% eliminate any possiblity of dust entering and the uni may give you a hair more power. This piece is around 75$ ..Hunterworks has this

SO for 100$ you should be dust free and more piece of mind while out on the trails.
Pretty much covers all the issues here...I also believe that having the crank vent piss into the plenum causes oil to run down around the carb/plenum connection. This is turn "lubes" this area and can cause it to slip up.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:44 PM

Kaw would'nt warranty my motor either,said dirty air filter. There was no fighting it they were very rude to talk to.One the assholes hanged up on me.i still call them, just to say hi,lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement