A little heads up owners - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A little heads up owners

Just wanted to give you guys a little heads up about some problems Ive had so far. Im sure some of you on here had seen my post on Highlifter about a cracked engine. Well they gave me a brand new engine for my machine. I had 9 hours on the machine at this time. Well the next weekend I was out riding, I got a bit nosy and checked the undercarriage. I discovered my seal was leaking where the drive shaft went into the engine. Well I got that replaced last Monday. Took it bout out over the weekend and had another seal leak on the drive shaft. Its in the shop right now as I type Just wanted to let you guys know to check out things before you head out. The shop foreman called me today and told me there was a rust ring around the drive shaft and since it was under warrenty he wasnt goin to emry cloth it, he was just gonna get me a new drive shaft. I cant complain about the service Ive had from the dealer, they have treated me wonderful, but as far as other things go lol...I paid for a new machine and dont wanna have it back in the shop every week day just to ride on the weekends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:29 AM

I noticed last night while rigging up a new belly pan protector that the seal (at the motor)around the rear drive shaft is leaking also....I'm just waiting till winter and they can fix it then.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 AM
CommanderTalk.com

WOW my friend, sorry to hear of your consistant issues, that must be aggravating for you.

Does the lemon law apply to utility vehicles the same as it does for automobiles? Have you spoken to Kawasaki about replacing your unit with a new factory unit?

I will take note of these issues and ensure I do some checking on machine when it comes back.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Ive had some people tell me about the lemon law, but Im not sure if they not what they are talking about really. I can understand about the casing being cracked on the engine an it leakin oil, but the seals I dont think would apply to the lemon law. Maybe I should do a little research on it myself and see what I can come up with. If all else fails, I can always call Kawasaki.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to mouser58
I don't think that the Lemon law has anything to do with specific parts. It is mainly based on how many time that you have been put out in the first 6 months or up to a year of ownership. I know that it took me a whole year of aggrevation with a Dodge Dakota truck that I bought beforeDodge bought it back off of me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Well I have a feeling the law does not apply to atvs or side x sides, however, the law is specific to the vehicle. For example Ford replaced my F250 due to the 6.0 motor problems. If a part continues to fail time and time again, I do believe that qualifies under the lemon law, but like I said, after reading the Arizona statute, it does not appear that it would cover an atv or side x side.

Atleast the dealer is attempting to resolve the issues. May not be a bad idea to call Kawasaki and express to them what is going on (just so there is a paper trail)

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement