Pedals, Tunnel, etc - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pedals, Tunnel, etc

OK, so I've been following this since it started and I have something that I'd like to toss out there to you guys. First the pedal extentions and new angled pedals look awesome but what really is the issue here? Is it the pedals are too far to the left or is it just a case of needing a place to rest your foot?

I have a ton of hours driving my dad's Mule and I can't stand the driving position in that because the steering wheel is one place the pedals in another and you can't stay in one spot on the seat. With that said I got in my Teryx and felt really comfy. OK I did slip off the throttle once while in Moab at the UTV Rally but after just spending the last half hour sitting in it an thinking I came to a conclusion.

I think if you move the pedal to the right (closer to the hump) then you'll be throwing of the balance between seat, steering wheel and pedals. I agree that the gap between the gas pedal and the hump makes it somewhat awkward having no place to rest your foot but how about this for a solution.

Since engine heat has been a topic here as well why not kill to birds with one stone and make the center hump both bigger and wider. This would allow for more air draw through the engine compartment from the front of the car to the back(More air flow less heat). It will also now give yourselves someplace to rest your foot.

Somebody build it and I'l buy it! OK FST here is a new product for you.

Amateurs practice to do it right, Professionals practice until its Perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Interesting...I suppose it could even be taken one step further and have an area for cup holders, storage, etc. I could very well be interested in something like this as well.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Interesting...I suppose it could even be taken one step further and have an area for cup holders, storage, etc. I could very well be interested in something like this as well.
I like your thinking! That would make it even better, especially since I put my radio and intercom where my drink holder used to be. It sucks to drive around with a water bottle between your legs!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Actually you could get as detailed as you want...maybe make a modular area in it that would accept different combinations of mods. Say there is a double DIN area...maybe have a head unit in one DIN, then under maybe you could have three gauges, or a gauge and some switches. Basically you purchase the base unit and it comes standard with a radio DIN and a gauge DIN. But maybe in the future you wanted to change something, instead of having to buy a new base unit, you could just purchase different mod inserts for whatever configuration you want to use.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Like I said, someone build it and I'll buy it. I'd do it myself but aluminum fab is not my best skill.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to mouser58
I totally agree with Flatty. A piece of 1/16" stainless or aluminum to extend the hump over would be cheaper and would give you additional space to mount a fire extinguisher, GPS, Cooler for sandwiches, Fruit drinks, ETC> (just kidding on the sandwiches)
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 PM

That is a good idea. It would be cool if you could mount that baja 540 gps in there. I will buy one!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:09 PM

I like this idea. My friend owns Warrior Products who builds aftermarket aluminum diamond plate accessories for Jeeps and other 4 x 4's. I personally am a little burnt out on the diamond plate but would love the look of the plain aluminum. I have contacted him to build this product. Are there any other ideas that might be cool for the teryx. I would love to create some ideas here to stimulate his interest in more than one product.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca51flatty View Post
OK, so I've been following this since it started and I have something that I'd like to toss out there to you guys. First the pedal extentions and new angled pedals look awesome but what really is the issue here? Is it the pedals are too far to the left or is it just a case of needing a place to rest your foot?

I have a ton of hours driving my dad's Mule and I can't stand the driving position in that because the steering wheel is one place the pedals in another and you can't stay in one spot on the seat. With that said I got in my Teryx and felt really comfy. OK I did slip off the throttle once while in Moab at the UTV Rally but after just spending the last half hour sitting in it an thinking I came to a conclusion.

I think if you move the pedal to the right (closer to the hump) then you'll be throwing of the balance between seat, steering wheel and pedals. I agree that the gap between the gas pedal and the hump makes it somewhat awkward having no place to rest your foot but how about this for a solution.

Since engine heat has been a topic here as well why not kill to birds with one stone and make the center hump both bigger and wider. This would allow for more air draw through the engine compartment from the front of the car to the back(More air flow less heat). It will also now give yourselves someplace to rest your foot.

Somebody build it and I'l buy it! OK FST here is a new product for you.
CALL ME AND WE WILL GO OVER THE DETAILS AND I'LL BUILD IT!!!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:08 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just a thought, if its built out of metal, it may need to be lined with heat reflective tape on the bottom side. Metal holds heat better than plastic.

I like the cup holder idea, then the stereo can go in the dash. How about a small waterproof compartment to store cell phone, truck keys, etc and a gps mount spot close to the dash. Don't forget to leave some room for airflow though.

Way to reason things out CA51flatty about angles between the steering wheel and pedals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement