More help with overheating - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

More help with overheating

Bought Dasa's impellar, installed yesterday, thought I would let her sit and idle after I burped the cooling system to see if me new part solved my temp light problem and---well the light still kicked on may have taken a little longer, but I probably drove it to get the rpms up for 2 minutes before the light shut off, and I did have my cooling fan on, it is wired to a rocker switch to run at the push of the button, which I turn on at start up, so I would like some input how else I can kick that light issue, thought the impellar was the fix but still a issue, thanks for any input, not sure if the digi dash/sensor for temp is bad, or what
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonteryx View Post
Bought Dasa's impellar, installed yesterday, thought I would let her sit and idle after I burped the cooling system to see if me new part solved my temp light problem and---well the light still kicked on may have taken a little longer, but I probably drove it to get the rpms up for 2 minutes before the light shut off, and I did have my cooling fan on, it is wired to a rocker switch to run at the push of the button, which I turn on at start up, so I would like some input how else I can kick that light issue, thought the impellar was the fix but still a issue, thanks for any input, not sure if the digi dash/sensor for temp is bad, or what
How exactly are you burping the system. I have found that after you burp it with the burp scew at the thermostat housing you also need to jack the front up or park it on a angle to get additional air out. Also how many times in the past has it been hot. These motors will blow the head gaskets easily when hot. When you burp it with the front end up at an angle and it constantly pushes up little bubbles that may be a sign that the head gasket it leaking combustion into the cooling system. Feel free to call me if you like, beleive me I am well versed in Teryx heating issues.

Unleashed UTV
5838 N. 19th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85015
www.unleashedutv.com
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:17 PM

unleashed......what is the main factor you have run into on the teryxs overheating?big bores?clogged radiators?lean engines?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Have you ever thought the radiator might be clogged with mud?

Also these impellers really can't make it run cooler since there is a thermostat, if it is closed water does not flow until it gets hot enough to open.

Once open the higher volume pumps will get temps back down quicker and the fan does not stay on as long.

On burping it, we simply don't fill the radiator all the way up but almost up and let it idle once the thermostat opens we look for water flowing thru radiator after letting it flow a few minutes then fill all the way up. Never had a issue yet.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 11:34 PM

When DASA installed my Impeller they found a black coating "like plastic wrap chips" in my Rad. Don't know what kawi coats with this stuff but if flaked off and got in my rad. Flushed out system with no problems.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 06:20 PM

I have a 2009 Teryx and I just put on a Muzzy dual exhaust and a Muzzy ignition, Now it is popping and backfiring and even seems to be running a lot hotter. The Teryx died on me today when sitting idle and my oil light flashed. What do I do now???
Please help
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonteryx View Post
Bought Dasa's impellar, installed yesterday, I burped the cooling system to see if me new part solved my temp light problem and---well the light still kicked on may have taken a little longer

I have found on a few builds that once the temp light has come on it is toooooo late. Those cars needed new head gaskets. They would run fine, but temps would get hotter faster.

The impellers make these cars run cooler ... NO QUESTION. The thermostat opens yes ...... then these pumps move more water and keep the cars cooler. We have tested it over.... and over ... and over on many builds.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx4life57 View Post
I have a 2009 Teryx and I just put on a Muzzy dual exhaust and a Muzzy ignition, Now it is popping and backfiring and even seems to be running a lot hotter. The Teryx died on me today when sitting idle and my oil light flashed. What do I do now???
Please help
So it is not running now?

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
So it is not running now?
Yes it is running and all fluids are full. Its just not running good. Its seems hotter and when I let off the gas it backfires or when I am going down a hill off the gas it backfires all the way down the hill. It sounds good when I'm on the gas, but seems to be running hot.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 PM

Backfires either means leaking exhaust which is highly likely and running lean.

Running lean might have something to do with your heat issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement