Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont be lead wrong by a man out there trying to sell you a polairis rzr for 8500.00 with wheels, night owl hids, some kind of aftermarket exhaust,long travel suspension. aftermarket cage etc. And dont learn the lesson that my bro. in-law did. The man promises to send the rzr to you (paying shipping for up to 500 miles) and letting you play on it for 3 days. If you dont like it you have to ship it back, but during this whole sale he is constantly talking about how busy he is moving his cancer infected brother to some upper north state. During this drawn out deal he always speakes about another brother that has been working at pay pal or e-bay for years. If you ask to go see this ride he claims he is to busy with his sick brother and if you want to buy it he will go thru pay pal or e-bay and he will pay all the fees since he choses to go that route. Then comes the scam. He sends you all of the official pay pal info which appears to look just like what they would send you ( I think he just prints up there original pay pal info) you fill it out and send to whoever. He then decides that it would just be alot easier to send the money to his brother under his brothers name to western union in florida. Theres the scam Bill duhankus I just got cho money walks in and collects the $8500.00 and is out fo mo crack again. My bro. inlaw did this and lost all. His wife kinda was making the decision which all sounded good to him. I only think that if I called and was told I could not see the machine I would not have bought it. He does send you 185 photots and it looks like one hell of a deal. But bottom line if it looks to good BEWARE!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:01 AM

There is alot of this crap going on in Canada through the auto trader and kijiji. If it sounds to good to be true it almost always is lol. I had a guy who works for me that fell for this and ended up losing around 5G's, then the bastards emailed him asking for more money to cover the extra shipping costs lol. I ended up selling him my Talon after cuz I felt bad for him.

If you want a quick answer on these whether they are fake or not. Find out where the unit supposedly is and then tell them you just want a buddy who "happens" to live about 50 miles away to check it out. I guarantee they will always say "well it's already in storage waiting to be shipped" or "stored and not available to be seen" or "I am not in the town where the unit is so I can't show it to you" I'd bet these bottom feeders are likened to the Somali pirates, but these guys just sit down on a corner somewhere with a Blackberry or iPhone and steal from unsuspecting folk.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If it sounds to good to be true. It probably is.
Sorry. I hate to hear about people getting taken.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 AM

over the years, I have learned two things:
1. always use paypal so you have some sort of safety net
2. if you must do a money order, send it from the post office so you can claim mail fraud if they default

sounds like the bro in law is partly to blame for being clueless, but other than that call the police in the area the money went to and report the name of the guy.

i threatened to call the police and report fraud on this dude that took my money via money order one time, I got a check in the mail 3 days later.

2008 Teryx

Something to Tinker with

PM me if you are looking for a Service Manual.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

This type of thing is big on craigslist too. You have to be careful I ran into it a lot when trying to find a Teryx. Most of the ones I found where guys in the military that had just got shiped out their family was taking care of the shipping blah blah money stuff was same as your bro. Anyone who wants to be paid by western union if you dont have the machine in hand is ripping you off.

Rusty
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBas View Post
This type of thing is big on craigslist too. You have to be careful I ran into it a lot when trying to find a Teryx. Most of the ones I found where guys in the military that had just got shiped out their family was taking care of the shipping blah blah money stuff was same as your bro. Anyone who wants to be paid by western union if you dont have the machine in hand is ripping you off.

Rusty
I agree with Rusty. Test drie BEFORE you buy! I believe we have seen a stolen Teryx out on the trails at Windrock, the ignition key had been moved to the glove box and the thing was all ragged out. They wanted to hang with us and of course with Rusty leading we left them in the dust.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement