Advice on a new SxS...looking at 2010 Teryx! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Exclamation Advice on a new SxS...looking at 2010 Teryx!

Hey guys, just joined the forum to get some advice. I live in Canada (NB) and I'm in the market for a SxS. I really like the new Teryx so I'm leaning this way. I have always been a Yamaha fan and the Rhino seems to be built well but I seem to think it's lacking in power. The Rzr is always an option as well but I think it's not as durable.

How durable is the Teryx compared to the Rhino? I won't be riding in dunes or hot @$$ weather, just a lot of hard packed trail riding with some muddy trails and maybe some winter driving. Any advice would help.

I'm actually thinking about buying in the US, our $ is almost par right now and I think it's stupid that I have to pay an extra $3k or more just because I'm in Canada. Is this bike built in the US or no, if it is I don't have to pay duty.

Hope you all can help me out. Oh and another thing, everyone has Rhinos and Rzrs around here, a nice Lime Green Sport would stand out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 AM

If you can stand the look of the 2010 it is the best of the three years they have been making them. The major improvement is the cooling system over previous years.

A teryx is what I would be buying if I was buying a new UTV today!!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I actually love the Shark Like look, it's aggresive.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanny55 View Post
Hey guys, just joined the forum to get some advice. I live in Canada (NB) and I'm in the market for a SxS. I really like the new Teryx so I'm leaning this way. I have always been a Yamaha fan and the Rhino seems to be built well but I seem to think it's lacking in power. The Rzr is always an option as well but I think it's not as durable.

How durable is the Teryx compared to the Rhino? I won't be riding in dunes or hot @$$ weather, just a lot of hard packed trail riding with some muddy trails and maybe some winter driving. Any advice would help.

I'm actually thinking about buying in the US, our $ is almost par right now and I think it's stupid that I have to pay an extra $3k or more just because I'm in Canada. Is this bike built in the US or no, if it is I don't have to pay duty.

Hope you all can help me out. Oh and another thing, everyone has Rhinos and Rzrs around here, a nice Lime Green Sport would stand out
Well all you have to do is look at a Teryx and A rhino next to each other and it is clear that the Teryx is built with alot more beefier components. The Teryx is described by some "built like a tank" . I ride with alot of diffrent bikes.. All the ones that WERE Rhino owners are NOW Teryx owners that should tell you something. The Teryx is a more stable machine with lots more power than a rhino. Even though in stock form the Teryx's power is a little bottled up. It only takes a few bolt on mods to wake it up. I bought my 08 when they first came out, I have only had to put a set of front brake pads and a set of upper a-arm bushings. Now , I do maintain my bike propperly. I have put a clutch kit in it and set my belt deflection one time. In my opinion the Teryx is the best sidexside out there. If you mod one up then there is nothing out there that can compete with one. The RZR is a good performance bike BUT there is no durability at all. If I had to rank the three it would be #1 Teryx... #2 RZR and dead last , so far last that it has been lapped three times #3 Rhino

Merlin Motorsports custom Teryx
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I would probably do the same mods as you have, with the CDI, and clutch kit. I don't know much about which to buy but I would get them for sure. I'm really leaning towards the Green Sport, just stands out so much, hopefully my dealer can get me a good price on one in Canada.

My friend has a Kawi KVF 700 with a CDI and man does it ever haul. I took a new 2010 Teryx for a rip the other day, I liked it!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I would probably do the same mods as you have, with the CDI, and clutch kit. I don't know much about which to buy but I would get them for sure. I'm really leaning towards the Green Sport, just stands out so much, hopefully my dealer can get me a good price on one in Canada.

My friend has a Kawi KVF 700 with a CDI and man does it ever haul. I took a new 2010 Teryx for a rip the other day, I liked it!
Well if your getting a 2010 model your not getting a CDI, your going to get the MSD controller and get either a Vforce John clutch kit or a dalton, I would probably slap a Muzzy full exhaust on too. Man you will be shocked the diffrence it makes v/s stock .

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Those 3 are the main ones I would get for sure. Do you recommend getting them right away and putting them on while the bike is new or breaking the bike in first, then adding the mods....?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Gotcha, thanks for the info. Those 3 are the main ones I would get for sure. Do you recommend getting them right away and putting them on while the bike is new or breaking the bike in first, then adding the mods....?
After 6 months of reached I find out that the Teryx is the best, most durable SxS out there, I bought a 2009 Sport and I just love it, except that now I have $20,000. invested on it, be careful this is a very powerful drug (AFTER MARKET PARTS). Teryx without a dough but next month Can-Am is coming with his new SxS, if I were you I will wait a bit se see the new Can-Am SXS. Just and opinion from an other Canadian.

Teryx Sport 2009
Aluminium Top, Custom Windshield, Lowrance GPS, Bumper Braces, Extinguisher, 4000 Viper Elite Winch, Front A-Arm Guard, Rear A-Arm Guard, Extra Brake lights, Muzzy Exhaust, Custom Cage, Crows 4 points, MSD, Uni filter, rear view miror.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that would be nice but I'm sure it will be 20k plus! An Outlander 800 is 15k or more haha. I'm not sure when I will get one, I'm working in the Oil fields in Alberta now but returning to NB at the end of the month so maybe early June I will order!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
If you can swing it I would do it while it was new. Alot easier to work on then. As far as break in goes it wont matter what you do stock or mods. Break in by the maunual is a little overkill. Run it through several heat cycles(get it to operating temps then let it cool completly down), donot let it idle for long periods (very hard on cams ), dont stay at the same rpms.. Be in and out of the gas .. After you run it through several heat cycles "breakin it in" then change eng oill & filter Front & rear diff oil and drive like your going to be drivin it and have fun

Sponsored Links
Advertisement