Questions about stock MPH and ign cdi stuff - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Questions about stock MPH and ign cdi stuff

Hey gang...i was under the impression that this thing could do 70.
I was out last night getting has...and hit it wide open on the road back to my house...and about 49 and 50 was all it would do.

So got on the net and i think......correct me......that its governed at about 50mph....is this true?

Well....also...when i got done filling up..........it gave me a stutter crank...
Now this is an 08 with like 2 hours on it...
(when i bought it I caught pneumonia so i havnt a chance to start tinkering with it until i joined this board matter of fact)
Now....the stutter crank....i could get the limiter and the starting worked out a little better with a programmer or something right?

I briefly looked at a few of the sponsors sites and saw cdi's and stuff like that...now i'm not into programming but i am into plug and play for better performance so it runs and starts better for years...
You talking do a dude that drives trucks 10 years at a time...and when i sell it ...it still looks new....so help me out a little...i'm not an ATV expert and new to all the tricks and stuff..

How does this thing from utvcrap sound?
forgive me...it won't let me post url's until i've posted 10 times.
DYNATEK DFS2-18 TERYX 750 CDI BOX

If i get that i'll get the extension cage and seat and plenum kit and then start mounting my mad max isht to it.
UTV CRAP KAWASAKI TERYX 4 SEAT ADD ON CAGE PACKAGE DEAL

I appreciate you guys...
Thanks ahead for the responses...the other forum i came from was depressingly dead.

Thank GOD for GPS on my cell phone.
My teryx progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 09:23 PM

There are basically two CDI's for the most part a non-programmable one and programmable one. Both units are from Dynatek

Unless you know how to make timing curves yourself or have a need to do it then just get the non-programmable one.

Some people experience a slight miss at around 20mph with the non-programmable one and most do not with the programmable one with our curve in it.

Myself, I never hang around 20 to find out and the miss won't hurt anything.

So in my opinion I would get the non-programmable one.

BTW, we sell them both too.

Todd

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

I just read your site about what you mentioned.

I could not find the jet kit for sale that you mentioned to use with the CDI NP.

You are so close to my family in House MS i'd like to come for a visit and buy the CDI and jet kit from you down there.
And you say that you have your own dyno to test it afterwards.
I'd be happy to let you guys do the re-jet install to make sure its right.
I've never done it and would rather a pro do it, especially since I read your philosophies.

Here is my 2nd issue.
I intended to buy the extended roll cage and bench seat combo from utvcrap...do you sell such a kit for a comparable price?

...i still don't have 10 posts and it won't let me post a url or picture yet.....so i had the leave off the world wide web w's.
utvcrap.com/popup_image.php?pID=3609&image=0

I apologize if this is inappropriate of me to discuss this in open forum like this as it has turned into possible business but I've assumed you've paid your dues here to do so.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if this should be private now.

Thanks Todd

Marshall

My teryx progress

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 05:58 AM

I can't help you with the cage and seat stuff so stick with UTV Crap on that.

Just give me a call and I will gladly help you out.

House is 15min from here

Todd

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 AM

to be the bearer of bad news... you wont break 70mph without a ton of modification and a bore kit of some kind.

2008 Teryx

Something to Tinker with

PM me if you are looking for a Service Manual.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

and thats fine...and i'm cool with that....i was just a little mislead.

The CDI and a jet job to break over 50 will be fine with me...i'm not trying to race i just wanna get gone a little and have a hair more HP for when i put the extra cage and seat in... no big deal.

My teryx progress
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 PM

I have mine torn down right now putting an AMR engine in mine right now but before I tore mine down I could run 68 on factory speedo which is probally 2-3 mph fast but all I had was a standard Muzzy, MSD ignition and a uni filter with billet adapter all bought from Todd at Hunterworks with his map in the MSD for the Muzzy so I think you can realistically run 65 mph without engine work at least on an 09 with FI keep in mind that I have no added wieght like larger cage or bigger tires.

Big Daddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement