off idle studder - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

off idle studder

ok im down to fine details on my build,my maping is somewhat close,but mostly just safe at this point. i have been fighting a studder off idle,my machine has always had this studder,except totally stock,the more mods i add the worse the studder gets.ive seen alot uf u tube vids of 09 840s and it looks like they do the same,at idle setting still i nail it and it studders about 3 feet and squats and goes,if im rolling just enough to turm tires and nail it no studder at all, advanced timing through blocks where it studders and it helped a little,i have always thought it had something to do with belt slip sensor and still do. any ideals? o and by the way my machine runs very well,very happy with the power im making,alot more of what you would expect from a performance v twin.THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ALONG THE WAY.im not posting any times till all details are perfect and they will be.i think all supporting vendors deserve that.

MERLIN MOTORSPORTS GROUP TERYX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 AM

Easy answer, the fuel injected Teryx has a mechanical throttle butterfly so you go from high vacuum to no vacuum when you stab the throttle and the fact that you changed the fuel and air requirements of the engine makes this more noticeable. It takes the engine a second or two to respond. If it was the carb model with vacuum slide it would not open until there was enough vacuum.

Don't get caught up in the idea EFI fixes it all, it does not.

I would recommend mashing the gas fast instead of stabbing the gas from a stand still.

If clutching is or was right it would help this

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:56 AM

Some cars seem to have this and some dont ...... kinda weird. Here are some things i have dont to cure this or decrease it.

1. set rpm at 1400 or so

2. advance timming in those areas

3. lean out those areas

4. install clutch spring with more stall

5. ALSO on hard take off. Have your other foot LIGHTLY on the brake. I MEAN BARELY TOUCHING IT. This has eliminted any stall on all of the cars i have driven.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys,i have noticed rolling into throttle a little easier helped, the studder is a little fun though ,it studders a bit then crapola hang on,better have it straight

MERLIN MOTORSPORTS GROUP TERYX
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Not to mention if you hit the throttle it will just spin the tires for about a block anyways. I dont think many people have driven a car that runs like yours. I have now driven and dynoed alot of 840 cars, std bore cars and built cars. NONE of them have the power like yours has. The throttle bodies and clutching make the car INCREDIBLE. Its amazing to me i have now been doing the throttle bodies for about a year now. I wish i had my 09 still. I would post some INSANE VIDEO. I know you are a happy camper now ...... and wait till you put on my new intake. It will add another 6 HP on top of what you have now.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement