Is everybody happy with their Teryx? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is everybody happy with their Teryx?

I am just wondering if anybody wishes they would have bought somthing else,
Some of the problems I hear on this forum make me paranoid every time i ride it and now at 200 miles it is starting to backfire at low rpms. I realize some things need maintanance more than others but it seems like the Teryx is a constant problem waiting to happen. I just wish i could go beat on mine without having to worry that somthing is going to happen? Does anybody else feel this way about the Teryx?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 PM

nope..not at all...i have not had one problem with my rex yet and i beat the hell out of it...im even lucky enough to not even have oil in the plenum issue! ive tried to run the oil a tad low so i might have a problem (i told myself i cant do an 840 kit until the engine give up ) still runs like a champ!

08 LE, DASA 840, Muzzys, CDI, Open Filter Carb setup, VFJ Stage 3, XMF LT w / WER shocks, XMF 2 seat radius cage, XMF bed delete kit and bumpers, Lowrance Baja 540c GPS, HID's, 14" MSA MCX tires on black MSA Diesels, Twisted Stitch Agressors w / XMF seat bases, and a whole bunch of other shit!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 PM

I beat the piss outta mine just about everytime I ride it...i've had relatively few problems so far. As far as a normal 50+ miles ride a day goes i've had nothing that really ruined my day. The oil blowback thru the airbox was the first thing i encountered that worried me, but a simple kit from Hunterworks resolved that problem. My stepdad, on the other hand, has the 3rd or 4th 09 Teryx produced and hes had a few problems from it. He broke a belt (due to lack of adjustment), had a bit of a freak accident with the front end exploding, well the diff-lock side, but no one we've talked to has seen that happen with another 'rex. Knocked a few tires off the wheels, filled the engine with water, stuff that was more rider error than kawasaki error.

For comparison purposes we ride with a bunch of Rzr's and Rhinos, I've seen more problems from them than anything. Rhinos eat axles, and rzrs eat axles and belts. A friend that runs the service dept of the local Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha dealership says he sees more Rzr's in for problems than anything. I had originally wanted a Rzr from riding with several and seeing how they out performed the rhinos and such...but after riding with them more and more and seeing they were a constant problem I opted for the Teryx; I also couldnt buy a used Rzr that wasnt beat to hell and back for what I paid for the Teryx.

I'm running an 08 stock other than Seats, Wheels, and Tires...I've broken 1 axle on the front but I was pulling HARD in reverse with Diff lock engaged and against another dead teryx that had backed off into a hole in a Creek. I also broke 2 winch cables and a 3" strap that day trying to get the thing outta the hole, but it finally came out and I had to tow it back to the truck on 3 wheel drive. And the other teryx was dead from backing into the hole in the creek and filling the engine up with water...so again, rider error.

As far as performance, I couldnt be happier for a stock machine to perform the way mine does. I'm chomping at the bit to throw some performance parts on it and see what it'll really do. Same goes for Reliability. I've never had a problem with it starting or pulling or anything that would make me question riding it. *Knock on wood*

Apologize for the long winded post, just trying to be as informative as I can with my experiences with these things...

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:08 PM

I have 1,000 hard miles on mine with nothing other than needing to adjust the belt and a few oil changes, my freinds with rhino's wish they had bought teryx's. I just wish I had F.I.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 PM

Nope , I am completely satisfied with mine.. I have nearly 800 miles on mine and I am one of the few that am glad I dont have EFI I do have an 840 so I am still in shock by the diffrence. But my bike has been rode hard and do I ever mean that.. Other than performance mods and routine oil changes the only thing I have done has put brakes all around. My friend owned a RZR and was so impressed with the Teyx and so tired of his RZR breaking he sold his RZR and purchased a Teryx.

Merlin Motorsports custom Teryx
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 PM

hell no, the only thing i regret is finding this site and seeing al the shit u can buy for them. all i think about is either the std bore kit or the 840kit. Which i really shouldn't do any cause i wrecked doing 20mph and again doing 40mph. Those tree's don't move outta nobodys way.

08 teryx--mph on stock guage
bone stock--50mph
Dynatec CDI, aftermarket exhaust tip--56mph
dyna coils, DASA od cover--58mph
no exhaust tip, deleted air box drain plug, removed windshield and roof--61mph
Carolina Mud Dogs cage--??
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 PM

I tell you man if I had any concern about it I have none now after listing to all of my forum buddies for the last year, I have a 2006 Rhino and now I have 2009 Teryx also after working on both from front to back the Rhino is a good machine but you can tell that the Teryx was patterned off of the Rhino but in every aspect the Teryx is just more machine period and I have held mine flat to the floor for 4 - 5 miles at a time several times, don,t worry about the Teryx it is as tough as any side by side, you can't enjoy anything if you worry all the time, put the pedal to the floor and give her hell.

Big Daddy
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYWILDCATS74 View Post
Nope , I am completely satisfied with mine.. I have nearly 800 miles on mine and I am one of the few that am glad I dont have EFI I do have an 840 so I am still in shock by the diffrence. But my bike has been rode hard and do I ever mean that.. Other than performance mods and routine oil changes the only thing I have done has put brakes all around. My friend owned a RZR and was so impressed with the Teyx and so tired of his RZR breaking he sold his RZR and purchased a Teryx.
Mt thoughts exactly...
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 05:17 AM

No regrets and I drive mine harder than most. I havent had anything break yet that was not operator error. Come to think of it nothing has broke other than cosmetic plastic stuff from crashing. I jump mine alot, Iv'e rolled mine multiple times, I Dune, I rock crawl, I trail ride, and ride in open desert. I have had my foot to the floor for 20 minutes straight in the dunes and not a single issue.

I've also unstuck S10 blazer that was buried in the sand to the frame. I've towed quads thru the dunes. I've been towed on three wheels and a bare rim by SandJunkie in the dunes. His with an 840 is sweet. Any side by side that makes it up China Wall in glamis has my respect.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearinitup View Post
I am just wondering if anybody wishes they would have bought somthing else,
Some of the problems I hear on this forum make me paranoid every time i ride it and now at 200 miles it is starting to backfire at low rpms. I realize some things need maintanance more than others but it seems like the Teryx is a constant problem waiting to happen. I just wish i could go beat on mine without having to worry that somthing is going to happen? Does anybody else feel this way about the Teryx?
Do the maintenance. It sounds like your jetting is off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement