MSD on smartphone?? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
eez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

MSD on smartphone??

I think it would be sweet if i could have the msd software on my Droid so i could monitor my systems all the time without having to lug around a laptop, wouldn't even need to have gauges really. If i can find a cable that will go from my droid to the msd i'm gonna try to download the software to my phone. Anyone ever try this? It would be cool if msd would come out with a cell phone version of software so u could just have a few things monitored on phone screen, i'm thinking temp, rpm, volts, but u could select to monitor whatever u want. Todays smart phones are plenty capable to handle this, and this would be a strong selling point for MSD. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 04:44 PM
CommanderTalk.com

That could be very cool...I would imagine that it will happen one day with the advancement and popularity of the Android devices. Side note, what Droid to you have? I had the original Moto Droid, then the HTC Incredible, and now have the Droid X and it is by far my favorite one!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
eez

I have OG moto Droid, rooted, looked at x other day and liked it but being rooted I'm already running the same UI as the X, think I'm gonna wait for Droid 2 in Nov., that thing is gonna be loaded. U know if they've been able to root the x yet?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 06:15 PM

Not to start a phone war, but as a long time Iphone user, I'm jumping off the AT&T boat and going for the Droid X...tired of the shotty coverage and several other issues with AT&T. I've not gotten the chance to mess with a working droid X yet, but I have used a regular Moto Droid and its quite impressive, as well as the Incredible. I think the X will be just as good, if not better than both. Can't wait to snag one whenever they decide to get any of them in around here.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 06:28 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by eez View Post
I have OG moto Droid, rooted, looked at x other day and liked it but being rooted I'm already running the same UI as the X, think I'm gonna wait for Droid 2 in Nov., that thing is gonna be loaded. U know if they've been able to root the x yet?
They have not been able to root the X as of yet...I am not all that concerned with root. I would have held out for the Droid 2, but I never used the physical keyboard and I just love the screen size on the X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr3G View Post
Not to start a phone war, but as a long time Iphone user, I'm jumping off the AT&T boat and going for the Droid X...tired of the shotty coverage and several other issues with AT&T. I've not gotten the chance to mess with a working droid X yet, but I have used a regular Moto Droid and its quite impressive, as well as the Incredible. I think the X will be just as good, if not better than both. Can't wait to snag one whenever they decide to get any of them in around here.
You will LOVE the X...as I mentioned, I had the original Droid, the Incredible, and now the X, the X blows the others out of the water. Screen is amazing, great speed, HDMI output, and the battery life is about two to three times more than I was getting out of the Incredible. In addition, not sure if they changed the GPS chip in the X from what was in the original, however, GPS locks on extremely quick. The iPhone is nice, the only reason I do not have it is due to the carrier. If Verizon had it, I have to admit I would have been tempted to get one. That said, I have zero interest in the iPhone with this Droid X.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement