Adjusting accelerator pedal to limit speed: - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Question Adjusting accelerator pedal to limit speed:

Off the wall newbie question:

I would like to be able to limit the speed of my '09 Teryx to about 20mph occassionally for less experienced riders using it, it has an adjustment under the accelerator pedal to limit travel of the pedal, I maxed out the adjustment to limit pedal travel but it would still do at least 40mph.

My question is, if I come up with another method to limit the pedal travel will I cause any harm to the belt or clutches driving it like this???
magstar67 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Member
 
uaqsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UAE
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
I Believe if you use the MSD will be an easy way to control the speed limit.

09 Teryx, Muzzy Dual Exhaust, MSD, UNI Filter and Dalton Clutch Kit.
14" ITP SS112 Wide Offset Wheels with 26" Terra Cross Tires.

uaqsports is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Moderator
 
tomanytoysnotnuftime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaqsports View Post
I Believe if you use the MSD will be an easy way to control the speed limit.
correct, you could limit speed and or rpm with the msd.

2012 VIBRANT Blue Teryx 4, Muzzy pro's, ECU reflash, custom cage & roof, windshield, 14" STI HD Beadlocks & 32x10x14 STI Roctane's/Tatou 4S Tracks, Rigid Lights, Custom bumpers, Warn XT4000 winches front & rear, bedlift

2010 black, FST 840 stage II cams, DASA intake & injectors, BF throttle bodies, Msd, Muzzy Pro`s, Snorkeled, Warn XT 4000, EMP, 2 seat race cage, Custom rear Radiator, Unisteer, STI HD beadlocks and 30x10x14 EFX motoclaws
tomanytoysnotnuftime is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magstar67 View Post
Off the wall newbie question:

I would like to be able to limit the speed of my '09 Teryx to about 20mph occassionally for less experienced riders using it, it has an adjustment under the accelerator pedal to limit travel of the pedal, I maxed out the adjustment to limit pedal travel but it would still do at least 40mph.

My question is, if I come up with another method to limit the pedal travel will I cause any harm to the belt or clutches driving it like this???
They are correct, you would think I would have tested this function but I never needed to slow down!! You can in fact use one of the other curves in the MSD to do this very thing.

Not sure if you have one or not but there is a screw on it so all you have to do once you have the curve to do what you want is turn the screw to that curve when you need to slow it down

If you don't have one, give us a call and we will fix you up.

Todd
601-771-0070



Hunterworks is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Senior Member
 
bigdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Farmerville Louisianna
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
They are correct, you would think I would have tested this function but I never needed to slow down!! You can in fact use one of the other curves in the MSD to do this very thing.

Not sure if you have one or not but there is a screw on it so all you have to do once you have the curve to do what you want is turn the screw to that curve when you need to slow it down

If you don't have one, give us a call and we will fix you up.

Todd
601-771-0070
Todd you have it made some of us paying you to make ours faster and now you have people paying you to slow them down. lol

Big Daddy
bigdaddy is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post


Todd you have it made some of us paying you to make ours faster and now you have people paying you to slow them down. lol
That's funny!!

Fact is, we are here to support all your UTV needs!! But please don't call me on marital advice, I can't help you there!!



Hunterworks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adjusting rear springs Rutcutter Kawasaki Teryx Suspension Discussions 7 01-24-2011 06:28 PM
Adjusting brake balance POWERTRIP Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions 9 10-02-2010 09:10 AM
Adjusting valves jcummins Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions 9 05-02-2010 05:28 PM
pilot jet adjusting? whitey Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions 8 11-09-2009 09:13 AM
Adjusting/replacing Belt jtgroover Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions 3 10-14-2009 07:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89