Teryx HQ banner

Intermittent fuel pump problem

18K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  sandwarrior 
#1 ·
Out riding on the weekend, after a break it wouldn't start, we traced the problem to the fuel pump. Pulled it all apart and with some taps and wd40 got it to run again for a bit, quit again in a mud hole causing front cylinder to fill thru exhaust. Got all the water out, none made it to the crankcase at least. Pulled fuel pump out again and got it working to start and run for 1/2 hr to dry exhaust out. Started it again today, heard pump pressure up and ran for 5min and died, now no sound from the pump again so question is, since I can't seem to buy just the pump, only the whole pump/tower/fuel gauge float assembly($500), what kind of pressure would I need for a inline fuel pump?

#7 ·
Thanks, I just went back out to double check, swapped around a couple relays, same thing.

Thats really crazy the it cost 445.00 plus shipping, you might find someone parting one out or building a race set up with fuel cell and just buy the tank , pump, gauge assem, and the whole thing for alot less. I would for sure give it a shot.
It is crazy that can't just buy the pump, I was looking on ebay and found a brute force setup and the only difference I can tell is the tower is shorter, 2 pieces instead of 3, could just swap the pump.

Muzzy has a fuel pump I think.
Thanks I'll check.

#8 ·
Im working on converting my 08 to FI and have not been able to find any one selling a used tank yet. Im about ready to just order new.
I have a pump out of a Brute Force and was going to try sterch it out some how.
Muzzy sells a fuel pump replacement pick-up so you can run an external pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.