from an atv to a SXS - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

from an atv to a SXS

I am throwing up the idea of selling both my brute and p700 and getting a teryx. the only thing that worries me is missing the atvs. I think it will be more fun for me and my wife riding but be able to bs while riding. 2nd worry is not being able to get down many trails or exploring like we have done in the past. I dont think the gas pedal is very comfortable with me being 6'4. any fix for that?

my main question is all those that came from atvs and now have sxs's do you regret it and would you do it again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 AM

It's for sure a different experience, but I absolutely love it. I'm more comfortable, and we can actually chat while riding. You will give up some ability to get down the 50" limited trails. I think your location and riding area will dictate how much you lose.
But it's still a blast. It definitely doesn't have a "golf cart" feel. This is a powerful machine and there is still a thrill.

Salt Lake City, UT

09 Teryx FI Sport
Rear cage Extension with top and seat
Muzzy duals
Dalton Clutch
MSD
HIDs

2010 Dodge 2500 Cummins
08 Weekend Warroir 3200FS
08 KFX 450R (mild mods)
06 Ltr-450 (heavy mods)
99 Yamaha Badger 80
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM

It took a little getting use to. I agree it is a different experience. The more I ride the more I love it. I will never go back to an ATV. I too was scared to take the plunge but don't regret it at all. Good luck!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:12 PM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I kept my Brute, but my Teryx gets all my attention and extra $ (this thing is a money pit to me ).
Its a lot heavier, so I added some power to offset the weight.
I still use my Brute on very tight trails in the bush but my Teryx is going to see more of the tighter trails this year once my upgrade project is all done.

I think I saw a bunch of your Brute Videos. If I remeber correctly usually in a gravel pit with a very deep puddle that needed to be crossed.
I'm 6'2" and no size issues for me. I'm going to do the raised pedal block fix and add a stiffer spring this year.
There are a few threads on it if you use the search function.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

wish I could keep one atv but if I get it I will have to trade both....

2010 Lime Sport

http://www.mudcon.com

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 PM

No regrets here, I have rode ATVs ever since the first Honda ATC 90 came out in the early 70s and raced them in the eightys and could not tell you how many I have owned, probally over 25 of them but I bought a Rhino in 2006 and was the best thing I ever done, sold all of my Quads except one old Honda 300 about 15 years old for my hired hands to knock around on, I bought a 2009 Teryx and I am addicted to these dang UTVs and will never buy another Quad, If you just put a little work in these things they will impress.

Big Daddy
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:24 PM

I bought a Teryx for that exact reason. My old lady is a pretty nervous passenger and really didn't like riding on the back of a quad .

In the Teryx, I can drive like a bat out of hell and she hardly complains. It took a couple of rides for her to get used to it, but I was in to it right away.

The one thing though, the stock Teryx is okay, but needs a little TLC to be anywhere close to a quad in the performance department. I am the only SxS in our group of riders and it was hard to keep up until I did a couple of mods. Once I get tires I shouldn't have any more trouble at all.

All in All, I love my Teryx more and more every time I ride it. You won't be sorry.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 04:30 AM

I sold my quad and moved into a Teryx and I haven't looked back. Can ride by myself, with a buddy and/or with the kids in the back seat. Best toy purchase yet.

2009 Kawasaki Teryx Sport
FU2Chassis 4 Seat Cage
TripleX Industries Rear Bench Seat
KBrown Customs HID kit
DASA Impeller
Fiber Skinz

Safety is no accident
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:59 PM

I am in same position with same concerns. Got my teryx and now I am going to sell my 09 grizzly 700. I took a very hot girl yesterday for rides on both machines yesterday and on the grizzly I definatley like having a woman holding into you tight but I won't miss having my junk hitting the gas tank. Lol. I just don't have enough room on the grizzly for a passenger and me being comfortable too. I am also 6'4" and I agree that the gas pedal in teryx is very awkward. My leg is so sore after riding it. I watched my step father drive it that is 5'11" and the gas pedal was perfect for his leg length. I am very interested in a conversion system to push it back father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement