Snorkles - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Snorkles

Just wondering if anyone has ever done 3" intake and exhaust snorkle on CVT? If so could you share some pics. From what I've seen I think the majority is 2" only.

Thanks for the help.

"infected by the MAD KAW " Mudforce"

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 08:00 PM

2" is too small and causes problem but I have not seen 3" done though

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 08:32 PM

Intake is 2" already, so no need to go 3" on that end.

The exhaust is 3+", but there's no room between the end of the cvt cover and the bottom of the box frame.

Look for a thread called "Belt Housing Snorkel", its a pretty good design IMO. Only flaw I found was the water comes of the front tire and right into the intake, you'll need to shroud it some how. I used a "crazy carpet".

The thread is complete with a shopping list.

As for the impaired air movement and residual heat created by the 2" vs the 3" exhaust, you can lessen the affects.

One - move the intake from it's stock location, it sucks the hot air right over the engine exhaust into the cvt.
Two - The Dalton clutch cover has cooling fins built into it to aid in the cooling. You'll probably want that mod anyway.
Three - I've heard of a few people adding an axillary fan to force extra air through the system. I haven't tried this yet my self though.

All of these will help a bit.

I know any of the reliable contributers (like Todd) will say a snorkel is not worth the extra belt heat, but with our riding conditions in Manitoba the way they are, we simply don't have much choice.

The only complaint I have about the Teryx is that my belt is continually getting wet.

I have snorkeled my bike, and I have it at home in Winnipeg. If you'd like to come check it out, you are welcome. Drop me a PM and we can make a plan.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Snorkels

Ya I hear ya. I went riding with my buddy this weekend with his Rhino and there were several holes I had to go around because his stock snorkles just put me to shame. Not good. I'll have to look an see if there is an alternative to the 3" somehow. I know the CVT intake I would run behind the seat. Found that setup on other teryx forum. I like that one better than under the hood.
I emailed Todd already and under his suggestion 3" was the way to go. I would agree that here we need snorkles to survive.
Another thing I already found out was rock sliders is a must. Tore the crap out of my side on drivers already. If your interested ride pics are on Trackshare.com posted under rides user name Nozzleweed.
Thanks for the info.

"infected by the MAD KAW " Mudforce"

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM

I played around quite a bit trying to make a 3" exhaust, but I couldn't find room any way I tried it.

I understand why you wanted to move the intake behind the seats. My thinking was, the less kinks you put in the line, the more easily the air would flow. But, it would be nice to have the intake higher, breathing cleaner air.

The Rock Sliders are a must. I've damage the passenger side on mine already too.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:51 AM

i did my 09 teryx with a rubber cupling 3" to 2" and made a full 360 out of the exuast and shot it up next to the seat. it took a little time to get things right but it works well. set still in water over the bed and had no problems. never had any problems with it heating up. if you think of it if your snorkels are up in the air beside you it will cause a natural draft when you are riding. if anything i would think it would help with that problem instead of hurt.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 05:34 PM

I doubt it could be done, 2" was pretty tight. No way u could route 3" under the driver's seat. Again I am not certain as to why 3" is better when the intake is only 2". And some of those areas where you get close to the exhaust means a 3" would be even closer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement