28" Interco Swamplites - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
SouthCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
28" Interco Swamplites

Anybody running or have had experience with Interco Swamplites? I'm looking for a 28" tire that is also on the lighter side. I was leaning towards Zillas (not Mudzillas) because I understand the are light and measure around 27". Anybody know how the Swamplites measure up on both height and weight?
SouthCo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Member
 
jsandone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texarkana, TX
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
I have a buddy that runs swamplites on his ranger. I have seen them in action. I also have friends who run the zillas and the mudlites. I think the zillas are the best option out there for moderate mud w/o being too choppy on the trails. I run mudlites and am happy with them, but the next set will definitely be zillas.

Black 2010 Teryx 750EFI 4x4 ~ Probox top w/ sony head and speakers ~ Half windshield ~ HID light kit ~ in dash cup holders ~ 5000lb wide spool Viper Max winch ~ 30" Silverbacks ~ 14" SS212 (black) wheels ~ HL 3GX Drive belt ~ submarine snorkel kit ~ 2 Kicker cvt 10" subs and Kicker amp ~ Kawasaki Fender Flares ~ 3" Catvos Lift ~ EPI mudder clutch kit ~

Future adds ~ exhaust? ~ MSD? ~ power steering? ~
jsandone is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Junior Member
 
GSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Willis, Texas
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
I have a set on right now and like them a lot, one thing that I did do was add a lot more air to them then I did when I had my baja cross's on. They grab the mud real well and do pretty good on the rocks and trails...I hear that the pitbulls are a bit taller and may be a heavier so I dont know. I do plan on doing the pitbulls for my next set.

2009 Sport with HID's,Extreme Fab cage, custom doors, Dalton clutch, Muzzy duals and digi tune, UNI air filter, SS 108's, PRP custom seats, Crow harness seat belts, sound system.
GSharp is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Member
 
Sweet Tooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brownsville, TX
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSharp View Post
I have a set on right now and like them a lot, one thing that I did do was add a lot more air to them then I did when I had my baja cross's on. They grab the mud real well and do pretty good on the rocks and trails...I hear that the pitbulls are a bit taller and may be a heavier so I dont know. I do plan on doing the pitbulls for my next set.
You have swamplites? did the steering got harder with the tires or it remained the same? I am thinking of getting a set of 27"s.
Sweet Tooth is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Member
 
ptpalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maryville, MO
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
I've got the swamplite xtr's.
They are heavier, and I'm running 16lbs of air in them plowing snow & haven't gotten stuck yet.
I was thinking about lower pressure, but no need so far.
I think they ride pretty good around town on the pavement.
I bought them over other tires simply because they were radials.
I haven't noticed them pulling one way or another or steering harder, I think alot of that has to do w/ where your front differential lock is set.
ptpalms is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Anybody running or have had experience with Interco Swamplites? I'm looking for a 28" tire that is also on the lighter side. I was leaning towards Zillas (not Mudzillas) because I understand the are light and measure around 27". Anybody know how the Swamplites measure up on both height and weight?
I am from Louisiana, did the rock crawling jeep thing. Now playing with a Teryx. I can tell you any of the interco tires are great. I am running the Interco Interforce
30 x 8:00 x 12. I love them in the mud, haven't tried them in the rocks yet. There light and only 800 so they are narrow too, steering got easier. They will go on the stock rims without any other upgrades.

I did a home made 2" lift in the front and raise the spring tension on the rear shocks. I have 17" on front ground clearence and 15.5" in rear.

Highly recommend the Interco tires. PS: I bought blems straight from the plant for $82. each.
teryx on 30's is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Member
 
ptpalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maryville, MO
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teryx on 30's View Post
I am from Louisiana, did the rock crawling jeep thing. Now playing with a Teryx. I can tell you any of the interco tires are great. I am running the Interco Interforce
30 x 8:00 x 12. I love them in the mud, haven't tried them in the rocks yet. There light and only 800 so they are narrow too, steering got easier. They will go on the stock rims without any other upgrades.

I did a home made 2" lift in the front and raise the spring tension on the rear shocks. I have 17" on front ground clearence and 15.5" in rear.

Highly recommend the Interco tires. PS: I bought blems straight from the plant for $82. each.
I'm an Interco fan myself!
Running 36" IROK radials on my '06 F150!
ptpalms is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
I also ran Irok's on my TG Jeep. 39.9

Another Interco tire for the UTV/ATV's is the 30" Black Mamba. Check out Interco Tires .com
teryx on 30's is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
27" swamplites pictures boxer Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions 5 12-14-2010 11:14 AM
Interco Reptiles tomanytoysnotnuftime Kawasaki Teryx Suspension Discussions 5 03-19-2010 10:12 PM
15" Rim & Tire with 26" Vision & 31" Toyo Tires Junior Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions 3 02-13-2010 11:01 PM
29.5 Swamplites on a Teryx bearcat60 Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions 1 05-12-2008 09:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89