cv belt housing drain? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
eez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

cv belt housing drain?

I swamped my rex the other day and was wondering if there is a drain plug to drain the water out. after dragging it outta the swamp i managed to get it started but it would barely move do to water in belt housing. I drove it home anyways cuz thought of getting home on the end of a tow strap with a rhino on the other didnt appeal to me and after awhile all the water must a finally blown out cuz it stopped slipping and off i went. Just wanted to know for if/when it happens again. I know my buddies rhino has a drain plug and hope i got one too, if so wheres it at? I know ineed snorkles but that wont be until spring

09 monster, msd & muzzy std, dalton clutch kit and od plate (not installed yet), viper 4500 with synthetic rope, homemade alum. roof, homemade uhmw skids, homemade catch can, uni slip-on filter with billet adapter, 26.5 pitbull rockers on stock sport rims, hid's from sxs customs, oddyssey 925 with sandjunkies mount, motels full windshield, induced fab doors, 62 mph top speed on speedo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 05:08 PM

It is, you have to remove one of the bolts at the bottom of the primary side of the sheave and it comes out the bolt hole.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eez View Post
I swamped my rex the other day and was wondering if there is a drain plug to drain the water out. after dragging it outta the swamp i managed to get it started but it would barely move do to water in belt housing. I drove it home anyways cuz thought of getting home on the end of a tow strap with a rhino on the other didnt appeal to me and after awhile all the water must a finally blown out cuz it stopped slipping and off i went. Just wanted to know for if/when it happens again. I know my buddies rhino has a drain plug and hope i got one too, if so wheres it at? I know ineed snorkles but that wont be until spring
No drain hole. Found that out the hard way too. Kind of makes snorks a priority lol. I've read some posts of guys taping their housing somehow. Haven't seen pics but sounds like a good idea.

"infected by the MAD KAW " Mudforce"

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was thinking drilling a hole at the bottom that would fit a removable rubber plug (or something else) that I could get to pull out, drain and replace.

Last edited by DougS; 02-05-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
eez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
I was thinking drilling a whole at the bottom that would fit a removable rubber plug (or something else) that I could get to pull out, drain and replace.
That would be a good idea, next time i get in the clutch ill take a hard look at doing a drain plug mod, any suggestions are welcome

09 monster, msd & muzzy std, dalton clutch kit and od plate (not installed yet), viper 4500 with synthetic rope, homemade alum. roof, homemade uhmw skids, homemade catch can, uni slip-on filter with billet adapter, 26.5 pitbull rockers on stock sport rims, hid's from sxs customs, oddyssey 925 with sandjunkies mount, motels full windshield, induced fab doors, 62 mph top speed on speedo
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eez View Post
That would be a good idea, next time i get in the clutch ill take a hard look at doing a drain plug mod, any suggestions are welcome
Not sure if its on here or Teryxforum but I'm positive that someones posted on this before. Try and search the threads see what you find. If I come across it i'll post a link if I can. Kind of thinking the same things as yourself. Miss my drain plug on my old poo. Quick and easy.

"infected by the MAD KAW " Mudforce"

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement