Lightbar? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 03:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I bought a warn winch mount bumper and mounted two HID's there and also did the same thing as jfilion did w/ the UMR light bar. Beware of that one though, their customer svc sucks, shipping is slow, and they forgot my clamps/brackets and when they did show up, they weren't big enough for the teryx, so I had to buy blank clams and weld my own brackets on them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpalms View Post
I bought a warn winch mount bumper and mounted two HID's there and also did the same thing as jfilion did w/ the UMR light bar. Beware of that one though, their customer svc sucks, shipping is slow, and they forgot my clamps/brackets and when they did show up, they weren't big enough for the teryx, so I had to buy blank clams and weld my own brackets on them.

I had the same issue with the clamp size. They sent me the wrong ones too. I call them, and the Service was great. They sent me a new set, no questions asked.

Only thing is, they sent me the wrong size twice. The clamp they sent fits on the bars under the roof. Not the ones on the sides of the cage.

I just made a set, the bar is the hard part, the Mounts are easy.

Did you call them? maybe they don't know they have the wrong size.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfilion View Post
I had the same issue with the clamp size. They sent me the wrong ones too. I call them, and the Service was great. They sent me a new set, no questions asked.

Only thing is, they sent me the wrong size twice. The clamp they sent fits on the bars under the roof. Not the ones on the sides of the cage.

I just made a set, the bar is the hard part, the Mounts are easy.

Did you call them? maybe they don't know they have the wrong size.
After 4 phone calls just to get the wrong clamps (missing in the first place) I decided to cut my losses.
Think I got the blanks from UTV Crap. Big heavy bastards, I'll give 'em that!
I really like the light bar from UMR, I just don't deal well w/ shoddy svc or products.
I'd rather do w/o something than buy junk or get the run around.
I won't do business w/ super atv again either.
Some of the BEST places I've done business w/ are the guys from Black Rhino and KG Motorcycle Tire. UTV Crap guys weren't bad either.
They all bent over backwards to make sure I got the right parts & the parts I wanted the FIRST TIME.

Sorry, off soapbox...

Back to topic,
I have lights on front & like them, especially pointed down so I can see right in front of me, & I have lights across the top, but mounted lower so they don't stick up above the cab.
When I had all six of those HIDs lit up last night pushing snow... all I can say is "Holy freaking $hit!"
They lit up everything!
Now to replace the stock headlamp bulbs w/ HIDs!
Oh, I'm 5'11" and the light bar doesn't get in my way.
Remember, the stock cage is a bit tall, especially compared to an aftermarket one. I'll bet if you put the measuring tape to ours and to some mounted higher on an aftermarket cage, they would be pretty darn close to the same overall height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement