Losing My Brakes! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Losing My Brakes!

I have an '08 "LE" since new. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a loss of the Brake pedal to the floor, which immediately comes back after one pump and then does not re-occur sometimes for days at a time. This just started happening in the last six months. It feels like it may be a faulty master cylinder but the fact thats it happens so infrequently makes me wonder. I have an extended warranty and the master cylinder is covered, but I know it will probably not happen when I bring the machine in to be tested. Anyone have a similar problem with their brakes? Also is there a separate master cylinder for the rear or does the one on the front firewall above the left front wheel do front and back? Any additional insight on this problem would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:56 AM

I've been having a problem with mine...mine doesnt seem to come back as easily or quickly as yours. It sat in our UTV shop for a couple weeks and when I got it back out I had little to no brakes. I havent had the chance to get under it and check all the connections or bleed the brakes. I'm not really sure what's causing it to be honest. Hopefully this week I will get a chance to get it back in the shop and see if bleeding the brakes fixes it. Mine's an 08 with about 780 miles on it. I've read a few posts saying that the seal in the master cylinder can start leaking letting fluid by it causing air in the lines or whatever. I'll bleed it let it sit and see if that fixes it. If not, I guess its time for a new master cylinder.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 12:46 PM

I have had that happen on a warrior a few years back. Changed the brake fluid by flushing new fluid through it till it came clean looking and it seemed to fix it. So we did the front ones as well. Son is still driving it to this day. It does say in most owners manuals to change it every so many years but who reads those any how???

08 teryx with a few mods. fst standard bore kit, jet kit,plenum rings & billet adapter, uni filter and 3" snorkel & belt snorkels. Clutch kit with overdrive hat. Front and back winches, full length puckboard skid, steel a arm guards, welded on rock rails. 4" cage chop with a puckboard roof. Also cut a hood opening so I can add coolant & wash my rad out after a muddy ride. I'm sure I'm missing some mods but its a start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement