hurting teryx - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hurting teryx

hello this is my first post on here i just bought a 2009 teryx monster edition i bought it knowing of some engine problems but unsure of the damage it has 1650 kms on it and 72 hours the guy i bought it from said he ran it dry of coolant and didnt notice till he got home the motor got hot enough that it melted the bottom part of the dip stick now when its cold and you first start it there is no problem untill it is reved up then it starts to smoke white smoke i thought it was anti freeze but now thinking it may be oil i unhooked the crankcase vent and put it in a separate jug i took it for a 2 min drive it has all its power and the smoke wasnt as much as before i unhooked the breather tube but was still some smoke but in that time it put about 500 ml of oil in my over flow bottle i did rev it up quite far because i wanted ti hear any crank noises that might be there it sounded fine and worked great except for the access oil buy the time i got home in 10 mins i could here the anti freeze boiling in the over flow bottle what do you think i should do think it can be a simple fix like oil ring gone and making blow buy or has somthing simular happened to anyone else and cost them a boat load the reason i ask is i have a smashed 07 bf 750 hear that i can swap in fast but would rather fix the motor in it for now and keep the other as a spare any info would be great thanks andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM

The water was not boiling in the over flow it was exhaust gases from a blown head gasket!!

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 08:35 PM

i rode mine last weekend ,and when i got home it sounded like it was hot or boiling in the radiator but heat light never came on ,how do you know if its a head gasket.i hope its not a head gasket for what i just spent .ill bee very disapointed.bout ready to do somthing i said i wouldent do ,rzr xp .tired of messing with this teryx junk.only have 400 miles on new kit.really like my rex but getting agravated. ill run a compression check if somone will tell me how much it should bee

Last edited by kennywayne; 01-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywayne View Post
i rode mine last weekend ,and when i got home it sounded like it was hot or boiling in the radiator but heat light never came on ,how do you know if its a head gasket.i hope its not a head gasket for what i just spent .ill bee very disapointed.bout ready to do somthing i said i wouldent do ,rzr xp .tired of messing with this teryx junk.only have 400 miles on new kit.really like my rex but getting agravated. ill run a compression check if somone will tell me how much it should bee
You didn't say what year but you can crank it up and look into a open radiator cap and if air bubbles are trickling out, that is what it is or you have a cracked head

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 PM

oo my.im bringing it to you anyways to tune just let u fix what ever is wrong .im really tired of stressing over it .the guy that did my motor has don two no problems at all, one has over 5000 miles on it. i just have sh!ty luck.bought a 99 tahoe didnt even get home it busted a head one thing after another.ill give u a call when i can get a weekend off to bring it.im going to have as much in this lil engine build that i could have bought a new one.thaks for all the info really helps. o9 the year.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywayne View Post
oo my.im bringing it to you anyways to tune just let u fix what ever is wrong .im really tired of stressing over it .the guy that did my motor has don two no problems at all, one has over 5000 miles on it. i just have sh!ty luck.bought a 99 tahoe didnt even get home it busted a head one thing after another.ill give u a call when i can get a weekend off to bring it.im going to have as much in this lil engine build that i could have bought a new one.thaks for all the info really helps. o9 the year.
Sorry man, I will be glad to fix you up. Probably done 20 last year no issues yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement