Need help with stock problem - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need help with stock problem

Back in October on the 3rd Teryx ride I was creek running in about 6 to 8 inches of water. I was feeling cocky because the week before I helped a RZR out of a deeper area I had just went though with no trouble. When I got to a new area that I had not seen before I just said watch this. Well you guessed it, the bottom disappeared. When it finally stopped sinking the water was over the seat bottoms. Winched out, let drain, checked oil, started and let idle to dry cvt, every thing looked fine except the driver seat had water inside it.

My problem is it still has water in the seat. Itís not in the foam as you can hear it splashing around. I have turned it in all directions, shook the crap out of it and still canít get the water out. I even drilled a hole in the back where it sounds like the water is. After almost 4 months I canít imagine what must be growing in there.

Has anybody had this problem and how did you get the water out?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando View Post
Back in October on the 3rd Teryx ride I was creek running in about 6 to 8 inches of water. I was feeling cocky because the week before I helped a RZR out of a deeper area I had just went though with no trouble. When I got to a new area that I had not seen before I just said watch this. Well you guessed it, the bottom disappeared. When it finally stopped sinking the water was over the seat bottoms. Winched out, let drain, checked oil, started and let idle to dry cvt, every thing looked fine except the driver seat had water inside it.

My problem is it still has water in the seat. Itís not in the foam as you can hear it splashing around. I have turned it in all directions, shook the crap out of it and still canít get the water out. I even drilled a hole in the back where it sounds like the water is. After almost 4 months I canít imagine what must be growing in there.

Has anybody had this problem and how did you get the water out?

Thanks in advance
You buy a new seat!!

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
You buy a new seat!!
Really hate buying something I already have. The seats are in perfect shape as they have had the factory seat covers on. Just want to get the water out of one. If the water got in it has to come out some how.
Rather spend my money on stuff like a Stop Kit, clutch puller, Dynatek programming kit or maybe a carb kit or rear bumper. Something I donít have if I knew where to get them at a good price.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Really hate buying something I already have. The seats are in perfect shape as they have had the factory seat covers on. Just want to get the water out of one. If the water got in it has to come out some how.
Rather spend my money on stuff like a Stop Kit, clutch puller, Dynatek programming kit or maybe a carb kit or rear bumper. Something I donít have if I knew where to get them at a good price.
Oh, since you put it like that. Try to separate the seat from the plastic back and squeeze it out.

I don't have a Teryx here to look at and never paid that much attention to the seat but the cushion should come out

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Problem solved. Someone that had done the same thing told me where to drill and out came the water. Glad we have the web forums. Now that I don't have to spend money on the seats I can start getting some of the other stuff

Thanks again for the replys!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Problem solved. Someone that had done the same thing told me where to drill and out came the water. Glad we have the web forums. Now that I don't have to spend money on the seats I can start getting some of the other stuff

Thanks again for the replys!
Guess you lost me, you said you drilled it in the first post so I assumed you meant it was trapped in the foam

Glad you got it out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement