getting my standard bore kit now. - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

getting my standard bore kit now.

Just got back from dropping my engine for a standard bore kit. I broke something in my tranny a couple weeks ago. Also I had a little smoking out of my motor. After much debate and searching, made the call to Todd at Hunterworks. Damn nice guy. He gave me all kinds of advice on what I need to do. I then decided on making the 4 hr trip and taking it to him. He even took the time to tear it down while I was there , just for me to see what I was going to have to replace.
After the tear down, I tore up my pinion gear, All was in good shape in the heads and camshaft. I told him what type of riding that we do here, it is mostly trail and mud. He then started recommending what I should do. Here is what We came up with.
Going with Big Kev standeard bore kit, new oil pump, all new bearings and seals. Going to do the valves with the new type(can not remember what type he said but the ones you do not have to worry about adjusting all the time) Springs and guides.Hunterworks jet kit with the new springs in carbs. TPI vaules in my breather box. And finally new Dalton Clutch for the 28 or larger tires.
Can not wait till I get it back and put this baby in. Should make plenty of power for what I do here. I know there are a lot of great vendors on here, but Todd being so close and all the recommendations that I read for him I gave it to him. He goes out of his way to make you the customer happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yard_dawg View Post
Just got back from dropping my engine for a standard bore kit. I broke something in my tranny a couple weeks ago. Also I had a little smoking out of my motor. After much debate and searching, made the call to Todd at Hunterworks. Damn nice guy. He gave me all kinds of advice on what I need to do. I then decided on making the 4 hr trip and taking it to him. He even took the time to tear it down while I was there , just for me to see what I was going to have to replace.
After the tear down, I tore up my pinion gear, All was in good shape in the heads and camshaft. I told him what type of riding that we do here, it is mostly trail and mud. He then started recommending what I should do. Here is what We came up with.
Going with Big Kev standeard bore kit, new oil pump, all new bearings and seals. Going to do the valves with the new type(can not remember what type he said but the ones you do not have to worry about adjusting all the time) Springs and guides.Hunterworks jet kit with the new springs in carbs. TPI vaules in my breather box. And finally new Dalton Clutch for the 28 or larger tires.
Can not wait till I get it back and put this baby in. Should make plenty of power for what I do here. I know there are a lot of great vendors on here, but Todd being so close and all the recommendations that I read for him I gave it to him. He goes out of his way to make you the customer happy.

Who is this? I don't have no stinking engine here that belongs to you and I surely don't have a wad of cash that used to be yours here!!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

real funny Todd, You have me laughing all the way to the BANK! Just wanted to send ya to props out. Thought you were real professional in your assessment of my engine. Thanks for all your help. Oh by the way any discounts you have I will take them, do you take coupons? Is my Motor ready yet! HAHAHAHA

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
real funny Todd, You have me laughing all the way to the BANK! Just wanted to send ya to props out. Thought you were real professional in your assessment of my engine. Thanks for all your help. Oh by the way any discounts you have I will take them, do you take coupons? Is my Motor ready yet! HAHAHAHA
THanks for the comments!! Actually I do have you a discount or a credit. I was wrong on the price on the engine kit and springs. The springs are included in the kit so you have a $125 credit towards labor.

Seems like I saw something else on the list too that was over. I have it on my paper so you're good.

All parts are ordered.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

you the man!!!!!!! keep them discounts coming. Guess I do not need to bring my Kroger coupons with me when I come back. HAHAHAHA
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
you the man!!!!!!! keep them discounts coming. Guess I do not need to bring my Kroger coupons with me when I come back. HAHAHAHA
No use them at Kroger and bring me a beef tenderloin as a bonus!!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

you got it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement