09 fan bypass help! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
09 fan bypass help!

What do i have to do to run a fan bypass switch on my 09?I have searched and read everything about it on the forums lol but never really got aNY ANSWERS LOL.I know they sell kits but why cant i just run a switch in to the 2 wires going to the fan motor its self?
paul55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul55 View Post
What do i have to do to run a fan bypass switch on my 09?I have searched and read everything about it on the forums lol but never really got aNY ANSWERS LOL.I know they sell kits but why cant i just run a switch in to the 2 wires going to the fan motor its self?
Technically you can but it is more of a bad aid fix and do you really want to have to turn your fan on and off?

We have a kit that works fine or fix what is wrong with yours.

Todd



Hunterworks is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Technically you can but it is more of a bad aid fix and do you really want to have to turn your fan on and off?

We have a kit that works fine or fix what is wrong with yours.

Todd
Todd, I understand u got the fix but I already got temp gauge installed and don't see me spending a 100 bucks on a fan relay and gauge lol. I just need the relay I guess lol
paul55 is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul55 View Post
Todd, I understand u got the fix but I already got temp gauge installed and don't see me spending a 100 bucks on a fan relay and gauge lol. I just need the relay I guess lol
I'm kinda lost. We have no gauge.

The kit comes with a custom made billet aluminum adapter to go inline with radiator hose made by us and a adjustable temp switch which has a relay as part of it and all the wires.

Like I said, either do this or fix what you have.



Hunterworks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bypass switch temperature setting Trex T Member Introductions 1 09-07-2011 08:40 PM
Bypass timing retard on 09 model Hunterworks Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 4 04-16-2009 09:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89