having a skid plate problem - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs down having a skid plate problem

well not wanting to bash but wanting to inform on a problem , my teryx i bought the fiber skids from a so cal vendor and installed as per instructions , first ride and noticed the motor skid was melting where the exhaust was and it is wraped non pro muzzys , removed skid and marty sent a new one he said he put a extra heavy duty layer of insulation on it to fix problem also shipped strips of foam to shim skid lower , well installed with 3 layers of foam and next trip melted again this time with muzzys pros ceramic coated and wraped , now i have built my own 6061 t6 skid and installed it and now since no insulation on skid it has clearance between skid and pipes , vendor and manufacturer dont want to hear it and no help i tiol them they could refund cost of 6061 $65 since i spent $500 on their skids but nothing so i want people to know about the problem my exhaust is up against the side bracket on the frame it cant go any higher and i am running 12.8 fuel ratio not too lean to make it run hot , i like the other 3 skids their made really well but the motor skid has design flaws and dealer and manufacture wont do a thing to correct it , sorry for rambleing but please be informed
Edit/Delete Message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 AM

I am a vendor and we have make a few products.

If the plastic skid melted with stock pipe in place I would say there would be a gripe, with a aftermarket pipe I would say no gripe.

He (the vendor) should learn from this and state does not work with aftermarket exhaust pipes.

Aftermarket pipes are very hot and do not have the heat shields the stock pipe does.

Actually this brings up a good point, I would think plastic on the center bottom skid would not be a good idea at all due to the pipe, even the stock pipe but keep in mind the the stock pipe has a heat shield and the aftermarket does not.

Vendors and product makers make items to work with stock parts and if you change something that is somehow connected not really their fault it does not work.

So if I was him, I would say well I didn't say it would not work with aftermarket exhausts and I will here forward so I will refund you the money. Also if it is just a seller and not the maker you might want to discuss this with them not the seller.

Unfortunately most sellers do not try most of their products and actually own the vehicles they are selling products for.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
I am a vendor and we have make a few products.

If the plastic skid melted with stock pipe in place I would say there would be a gripe, with a aftermarket pipe I would say no gripe.

He (the vendor) should learn from this and state does not work with aftermarket exhaust pipes.

Aftermarket pipes are very hot and do not have the heat shields the stock pipe does.

Actually this brings up a good point, I would think plastic on the center bottom skid would not be a good idea at all due to the pipe, even the stock pipe but keep in mind the the stock pipe has a heat shield and the aftermarket does not.

Vendors and product makers make items to work with stock parts and if you change something that is somehow connected not really their fault it does not work.

So if I was him, I would say well I didn't say it would not work with aftermarket exhausts and I will here forward so I will refund you the money. Also if it is just a seller and not the maker you might want to discuss this with them not the seller.

Unfortunately most sellers do not try most of their products and actually own the vehicles they are selling products for.
well that is all good todd but the manufacturer has a teryx with muzzys pros and so does the vendor and they both say no problem , i am going to give this post a few days then i will name names and post pistures to show everybody that i got screwed and by who

Old 04-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8jeep86 View Post
well that is all good todd but the manufacturer has a teryx with muzzys pros and so does the vendor and they both say no problem , i am going to give this post a few days then i will name names and post pistures to show everybody that i got screwed and by who
If you had added that to the first post I would have kept my trap shut!!! LOL

So why isn't theirs melting and what did they do about theirs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement