Teryx HQ banner

Snow Plow

Tags
plow
14K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  black_lt1 
#1 ·
Hello,
Just picked up a Teryx today. Is there anyone in this forum that has a plow setup going on one of these or thinking of a plow setup? I see nothing out there for the plow mount. I rolled the dice with confidence that someone is gonna put the plow kit out for it and im hoping before winter. I traded my atv's in for it and i used the atv for plowing. Any feedback on the plow situation would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Hi there, welcome to the site, great to have you with us! :wave:

Congrats on your Teryx, it is a great machine.

I am sure their has to be a snow plow accessory if not now, then very soon...I will do some searching for you.

#4 ·
Any updates, just had some buddies that purchased teryx's and are looking for a plow setup.

#6 ·
Hunterworks if you are listening look at the angle of the winch cable. You are putting about twice as much force in the horizontal direction than required to lift the plow in the vertical direction. Maybe have an attachment point below the winch or as close to that point as possible. I understand it is hard because the plow does not mount to the middle of the frame. Also if you need the long drawn out version of my theory just PM me.

#22 ·
position of winch mount for snow plows on teryx

Interested in a snow plow for my teryx , any pictures I see with plows the winch is mounted in a higher position then mine just want to make sure I get a good clearance with plow in raised position. Been lookiing at Moose and American Eagle plows. Also how hard on the machine is a 72" plow? Tire chains?

#9 ·
Glad to hear about the new angle. I checked out the new pics and I am impressed with how high the plow lifts. My biggest complaint about plows and mounting hardware is how low the clearance becomes. I probably will never get a plow for the teryx unless I enclose the cab. For now my Arctic Cat will do all the hard work.

#10 ·
The clearance is the best part about this plow, there is no piece lower than anything on the Teryx now. In some of the pictures it seem it is but it is above.

When the plow is on there and you are pushing it is on the ground so anything behind it won't matter anyway. When you take it off the ground clearance rises due to the weight of the plow being off and since the pivot points are above the bottom of the frame they become a moot point.

Todd

#11 ·
Hey Todd,
The plow for the Teryx disconnects from pins not bolts right? Gonna be ordering one from you real soon. Getting my warn winch installed by the dealership then im gonna order the plow. They were trying to sell me the Moose plow setup but that setup look liked the plow bolted on. and didnt raise as high as the ones your selling.

#14 ·
Not sure if it has pins or bolts these days, it has had both at times. If it comes with bolts you can simply put some 1/2" hitch pins in it. They are available at Lowe's or any hardware store.
I know this thread is getting old, but just in case anyone decides to replace the bolts that come with the Eagle plow, it takes a 3/4" diameter hitch pin. At least that's the size of the bolt hole on my push bar and mount.

On a semi-related note, my plow didn't seem to have enough washers to get enough spacing from the skids to get the blade off the ground at all. I think it's something to do with the angle the plow sits at, as the pitch is somewhat rolled forward, even when fully adjusted the other direction. I had to put both bushings on the bottom and load up the top with washers to get 1/4" clearance from the ground.

#17 ·
I was undecided on this topic. The tabs for the push bar don't really look like they reduce ground clearance, do they? I may have to re-think this in the spring.

The only other thing I have going on is my winch cable is rubbing a hole through the plastic bumper due to the angle from the winch to the plow (this is using the Hunterworks winch mount with an RT3000). I was going to just throw some tape over it and treat it as a wear item, but now I'm thinking about notching the plastic bumper for the cable, maybe even creating a curved notch with epoxy for it to ride in. Then cover it up with some RealTree APG tape.

#21 ·
Does Kawasaki have a plow in the works? Most of the other mfg's I'm shopping have a plow set up option. If I order a Teryx, I just want the dealer to put on the plow, for pushing gravel in leveling a long driveway on some new property. Also, smoothing out some trails in the woods.

#23 ·
I am also interested. If the amount of moisture we are getting keeps up, we are in for a VERY snowy winter. Like 5 feet snow equiv this month already. Next month, we are in trouble here I think. It is a long walk down our mountain to the base of our feeder road in the snow. Ouch!

#24 ·
Im not aware of Kawasaki actually making a setup, but the dealer will give you a full plow setup installed if you like. The setup would just be who they deal with. I know the dealership I bought mine at dealt with moose. I purchased my whole setup at Hunterworks. Nothing more then installing the plate if you already have the winch.

#25 ·
i just put a 72" plow on mine today, and it is awsome!!! have used a 4 wheeler alot before and it dosent compare to what these will do. very simple to install. only thing i noticed was the decrease in ground clearance from the mount. but i dont intend on going playing on the trails in the winter. BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.