Teryx HQ banner

Blown engine...looing to purchase rebuilt from these guys...advice pls!!

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  zoom23 
#1 ·
Need a complete replacement engine. Can't afford a brand new Kawi...Wolf Brothers Motorsports and UTV Engine Builders has rebuilt/remanufactured unitsx for $2700 bucks.
Any information/experience on either of these outfits or with rebuilt/remanufactured engines?

Thanks much!

#2 ·
bump bump bump

#3 ·
I don't really know anything about either place. I am rebuilding a engine now by some place that sold rebuilt engines. Bad work and cheap parts.

We build a lot of engines and I can't for the life of me figure out how you can sell a rebuilt engine for under $3000 when you are using good parts and put good aftermarket valves and springs in it. Also you have to have a good core to get it at that price.

I have a bottom end I am going to build to sell complete at some point

#4 ·
Both outfits use aftermarket valves (kimballwhite or something like that), Wolf uses stock Kawi pistons and UTV uses JE Pistons
I had a STD bore kit in mine so I hoping to be able to salvage the Stage 2 Cam, Weisco pistons and definitely the hardened springs.
Will keep everyone posted throughout the life of this engine and we'll see, hope all will be well cuz I've had my Rex for a little over a year and YET to complete a ride (however first three breaks downs were blown belts and I'm hoping VF John's clutch mod will have permanently solved that one)

#5 ·
oh yeah, both outfits offer 3-6 month warranties and Wolf offers free shipping for pickup/delivery to them for core and pickup/delivery of reman engine back to my door...UTV you pay shipping

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.