Exhaust pipe removal - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Exhaust pipe removal

OK, So the rear pipe comes out easy enough, any tips on the front pipe removal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybo700R View Post
OK, So the rear pipe comes out easy enough, any tips on the front pipe removal?
Doh, drop the skid plate ... nevermind....

Got the carb kit in, the Muzzy's are in and now I'm getting ready to header wrap all the pipes and cool the engine area down a bit
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 04:16 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hey for fun, try to put the stock exhaust back in

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Hey for fun, try to put the stock exhaust back in
Yeah, right... I bet it would be easier than the muzzy system! It was driving me nuts until I glued the exhaust gaskets on the pipe - Getting it all lined up and fitted properly was driving me nuts.

Wrapping the pipes was a whole new nightmare! What a freaking pain, but it should help a lot with the heat, and I am also adding heat insulation on all the plastic panels too. I suppose I should take some pictures
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, right... I bet it would be easier than the muzzy system! It was driving me nuts until I glued the exhaust gaskets on the pipe - Getting it all lined up and fitted properly was driving me nuts.

Wrapping the pipes was a whole new nightmare! What a freaking pain, but it should help a lot with the heat, and I am also adding heat insulation on all the plastic panels too. I suppose I should take some pictures
I just installed the Muzzy system yesterday. It is a bitch getting the Kawa gaskets installed. Dab of grease is not for the non-mechanic types but it can be done. Did not think of gluing but should have. Love the results so far with the system installed..

You will be glad you wrapped the pipes as it is much cooler in the machine now. Even my wife noticed it was MUCH cooler.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
I just installed the Muzzy system yesterday. It is a bitch getting the Kawa gaskets installed. Dab of grease is not for the non-mechanic types but it can be done. Did not think of gluing but should have. Love the results so far with the system installed..

You will be glad you wrapped the pipes as it is much cooler in the machine now. Even my wife noticed it was MUCH cooler.
yeah, I had some weatherstrip cement sitting in the toolbox and after the grease not working well enough I just used that. worked pretty good, although I must admit I was irritated that Muzzy did not include the gaskets in the kit. I just used the old ones and they seem to work fine with no leaks.

Yeah, I did the pipes and I also put heat insulation on all the plastic pieces as well, that should also make a big difference, and since it is thick stuff it should also help with the noise too. I'll post pics later
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
yeah, I had some weatherstrip cement sitting in the toolbox and after the grease not working well enough I just used that. worked pretty good, although I must admit I was irritated that Muzzy did not include the gaskets in the kit. I just used the old ones and they seem to work fine with no leaks.

Yeah, I did the pipes and I also put heat insulation on all the plastic pieces as well, that should also make a big difference, and since it is thick stuff it should also help with the noise too. I'll post pics later
reminder for next time, take it for a run and check the jetting before replacing all the plastic cowling in the cab....

Too rich, I'm at 146/150, both TPI valves open, Muzzy's with the quiet cores and screens. 240' elevation. Guess I'll drop it a couple notches tomorrow. The carbs are much more responsive with the kit in it, and the Muzzy's sound SO sweet! Have a really meaty rumble, without being hard on the ears.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:28 AM

I am rich also at 144 & 146 with Hunterworks Kit.

The Muzzy directions call for 130 & 136.

Where would you guys go? Maybe 136 and 140?

I am also using the screens and quiet cores.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Just curious, did any advancement in the air screws lean it up any? What turns are you at with the carb/air screws?
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 07:24 AM

I am at 2 turns out on the screws per the Hunterworks settings with the Kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement