Autosync's Project - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Autosync's Project

Here are a few pictures of the teardown tonight. We decided to go ahead and remove most of the plastic as we'll be putting everything on this week.

The Muzzy's exhaust and fan shipped Thursday. Clutch kit will be ordered Monday morning. And, a Home Depot run planned for tomorrow.

I should have everything back together within a week. I debating on new plastic right now. I'm thinking the yellow with some purple trim would look pretty good. Go Tigers!!! (LSU).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RipUp.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	363   Click image for larger version

Name:	ripup2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	364   Click image for larger version

Name:	RipUp3.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	365   Click image for larger version

Name:	RipUp4.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	366  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't impress 'em with your wit, then baffle them with your bulls%$t.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 06:54 AM

So what are you planning on doing to it? Other than the Muzzy and clutch.
I go to Home Depot an awful lot and have not seen to many UTV parts there.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 AM

i would guess a little pvc work!

red le
30" XXL's
nukes
custom radio
belt snorkels
dyna
HW carb kit
overdrive plate
xpatv lift
super atv bumper
Night Owl Hids
k&N billet intake
grant wheel
yellow top optima

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 04:36 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Looks like a good start to your project...I see you have the old Coors co-pilot going on as well

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 06:51 PM

Yah, I saw that can too & figured it had something to do with the intake system
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Don't hold the Coors light against me now. I'm normally a Bud Light fan. I can tell you, I have yet to find black PVC pipe in Alexandria, La. Spent three hours today looking for some. Guess I should have just called!!!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:24 PM

The black pipe is ABS, not PVC. Call and ask about Black ABS.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Everything is coming along really good. Here are some pictures from Friday night after getting the exhaust on and taking the carbs and clutch housing cover off.

We got the clutch kit installed Saturday night and did a lot of mock up for the snorkles.

Today, we rejetted the carbs and everything looked good. I ordered the Dynojet kit for the Teryx but ended up having to use some jets that were laying around for another one of Bryan's projects. The Muzzy's sounds awesome and the throttle response is unbelievable. Spent most of the day deciding how to run the snokles for everything. Three trips to Home Depot a can of spraypaint later, the snorkles are ready. We finished up the day by letting the paint dry. Monday, we'll be putting everything back together for a few test runs.

I did end up bringing the front belt breather snorkle to the front and out the hood. Small tears built up when I cut the 2 1/4" hole in the hood. But, it looks awesome and will look even better painted and all back together.

I hope to have some final pictures up tomorrow night.

I can see now, I'll have to carry around a sprayer full of water to keep that stainless clean!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Teryx_1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teryx_2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teryx__3.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teryx_4.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	377  

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Looks great my friend, thanks for keeping up in the loop!!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Here are a few pics I took tonight after getting everything back together. The black marks in the picture were left without breaking from a dead stop!!! There are three sets of black marks in the fourth picture!! This thing is insanely strong.

I'll have some pictures and video up this weekend after the Louisiana Mudfest (Louisiana Mudfest - Home). Only thing I have left now is painting the pipe for the airbox snorkles and checking the AFR again.

The Muzzy's are awesome, BTW.

I want t thank my mechanic and friend Bryan Franklin for all his help. He had all the tools and the airconditioned shop (68 degrees) and the know-how to take everything apart. I guess it helps that he's the shop manager for the local powersports dealer!!! Thanks Bryan, in case you read this!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement