Powermadd Windshield - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Powermadd Windshield

Well, I've got Powermadd's new windshield on the way, I have been talking with Randy at Powermadd for the last several months, and they have finally got their windshield developed and Randy was kind enough to sell me one of the first ones. As soon as I get it on I'll post some pictures, The people at Powermadd are top notch and I'm looking forward trying the windshield out, I'll keep everyone updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:38 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Interesting, I will be interested to see it. Is it a full or half? If full, does it fold?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Its a half windshield, and its molded like a snowmobile. On Powermadds website they have a picture of the one they make for the Rhino and RZR, check it out. I really have no idea what the one for the Teryx will look like, but I will post pictures when I get it. Stay tuned!!!!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:10 PM

Hopefully they improved it from the Rhino version. A friend had one at Dunefest, and he hated it, it was flimsy, vibrated terribly and was more or less useless. His words not mine, so don't shoot the messenger, (although it didn't impress me looks wise either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram04 View Post
Its a half windshield, and its molded like a snowmobile. On Powermadds website they have a picture of the one they make for the Rhino and RZR, check it out. I really have no idea what the one for the Teryx will look like, but I will post pictures when I get it. Stay tuned!!!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

I hope I don't have that problem, your friend needs to contact Randy at Powermadd and tell him the problems he is having. They seem very interested in what everybody thinks of their products and welcome feed back. I've been talking with him for several months about the windshield for the Teryx, and in fact they are sending me the first clear one for my Teryx. I'm waiting on UPS right now, as soon as I get it installed, I'll try it out and let everybody know. Don't worry I won't pull any punches, if it is'nt what I expect, I'll let you know.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Well, I got Powermadds windshield and put it on, I've not tightened everything up yet, its late and I have to get up early, I thought it best to wait till tomorrow to make the final adjustments. First impressions are it seems a little thin, but how thick most windshields are I'm not sure of. I do like the shape of it, it is different than a normal flat windshield, and seems to have a little distortion, but then again, I need to ride with it on. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them to see what everyone thinks.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hey I took a look at them and wanted to ask you...how rigid is it, does it seem flimsy?

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

I'll measure it tomorrow and tell you exactly how thick it is, personally I kinda like the look of it, and most of the riding we do is lower speeds, due to being mostly woods. I will get it out in the open and see if it vibrates. My wife wears contacts and I was looking for something that would help her with that, she"s not to crazy about wearing goggles all the time.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:13 PM

powermadd windshield f teryx

can u post the adrees where shows the picture for the rhino a rzr powermadd windshield??? I checked powermadd home page and did not find it !!! I really will like to see how it looks on those 2 so i can imagine how is going to look in my teryx !!!
tks .... Jr
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram04 View Post
I'll measure it tomorrow and tell you exactly how thick it is, personally I kinda like the look of it, and most of the riding we do is lower speeds, due to being mostly woods. I will get it out in the open and see if it vibrates. My wife wears contacts and I was looking for something that would help her with that, she"s not to crazy about wearing goggles all the time.
Ya throw them up here, I would like to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamateryx View Post
can u post the adrees where shows the picture for the rhino a rzr powermadd windshield??? I checked powermadd home page and did not find it !!! I really will like to see how it looks on those 2 so i can imagine how is going to look in my teryx !!!
tks .... Jr
Here it is on a Rhino:

Here it is on a Rzr:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement