fuel guage - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Yes sir, pretty much the exact same one that I am running as well as quite a few others.

Here isi the one I am running:

BRP/Autometer Fuel Level Gauge KIT

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 AM

I'll be looking for one in the near future. I'm tired of trying to guess how much fuel is in it.

Andy

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:21 AM
CommanderTalk.com

I hear ya, I was right there with ya!

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 AM

Being retired....I gotta pinch pennies, and can't justify the $160 for it....but, I ran out of gas the other day. I got lucky, it started running bad on the way back...and cough sputtered when I stopped and died. First thought was gas, checked, and I was suprised how dry the tank was. Thought I could go by the odometer....but with all the idling, winching on fences etc that I do, I can't.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:17 AM
CommanderTalk.com

I completely understand about the pinching pennies...hey I wonder if we had several people take hour readings at different levels of fuel and then did an "average" I would think that would get you close enough to judge where your level is by the hour meter?

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 09:03 AM

No way of telling how much gas you have left is a big complaint for me. It would be different if you could actually see the fuel through the white plastic below the seat, but I haven't been able to.

Gas gauge is definitely on my short list of improvements.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 PM

I've had a hard time seeing the gas too (old eyes & trifocals). Just once can I remember seeing the fuel line with the machine stopped & light conditions just right. It happened to be right in the middle of the sight window. Other times, with more than half a tank or almost empty, I couldn't tell at all how much was left without removing the cap. Until I get a fuel gauge I've been thinking of carrying a small tape measure or something in the glove box so I can use it as a dip stick.....just have to make sure it's clean each time & have paper towel or something handy to wipe it after checking the level. I also read on this or another site that someone was going to see if the old Polaris caps with gauge right in the cap would fit. Anyone know the answer on that?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:12 PM

Back in the day of no fuel gauge for the Rhino someone put some red led lights behind his gas tank and it shined through the tank and you could see good.

Todd

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Back in the day of no fuel gauge for the Rhino someone put some red led lights behind his gas tank and it shined through the tank and you could see good.

Todd
Seems like a HI LED would be a lot easier to install than the fuel gauge kits. Interesting....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement