beware of two brothers pipes - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Angry beware of two brothers pipes

[be ware of two brothers pipes.had a set on they soung great but had many problems.first i put many pipes on in my lifetime this is by far the worst to put on.it takes you hrs to get it to line up.then they start to leak at the exhaust outlets its only held on by 1 spring very cheap.in return it causes it to backfire everytime you leave off the throttle.it will also pop where it attaches to the cylinder if you go over an off camber section or climb a steep hill.also the rubber clamps that hold the exhaust canisters on start to deteriorate in just a few rides.im not the only one having problems my local dealer sent all there pipes back to parts unlimited due to two brothers not wanting to warranty them.i think they built these pipes to fast without trying them.maybe they should stick to the street and stay out of the dirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hmmm interesting. Now that popping I assume is a jetting issue and is not related to the pipes, however, cannot comment on the rubber clamps.

I don't suppose you have any pictures do you?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 10:40 AM

I'm glad you are posting this. Its one of the exhaust systems I was considering. I'm also confused regarding the popping. Is the exhaust system popping off where its attached to the cylinder or is it a tuning problem? And why would the rubber deteriorate in just a few rides? Is it rubbing on something? dieselpower has a point. How about some pictures

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

beware of two brothers exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Hmmm interesting. Now that popping I assume is a jetting issue and is not related to the pipes, however, cannot comment on the rubber clamps.

I don't suppose you have any pictures do you?
i dont have pics sorry i did try some differant jetting no change in the popping my dealer believes its due to the pipe leaking at the cylinder.and as for the pipe coming off the fromt cylinder it has nothing to due with the popping it only does it on off cambers or steep hills im guessing due to its only held on by 1 spring.email me your ph no and i can disscuss it with you and i will give you my local dealers no he sent all the two brother pipes back.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Hi there, as you mentioned, sounds like there is a slight leak in the pipes which is creating that popping on decel.

I will shoot you a PM shortly with my number and we can discuss

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi there, as you mentioned, sounds like there is a slight leak in the pipes which is creating that popping on decel.

I will shoot you a PM shortly with my number and we can discuss
you are absolutly right about it leaks from both cylinders
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:00 AM

So what set of headers/pipes do you guys recommend?
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbamace View Post
So what set of headers/pipes do you guys recommend?
i cant recommend 1 yet testing a few out now. however i think hunterworks is testing them on the dyno.dont get the two brothers whatever you do.the hmf twin slip on is easy to put on but i believe its to loud even with the quiet cores in.the hmf swamp series full single is very similer sound like the two brothers but seems to have a little more bottom end.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
CommanderTalk.com

I am going to have to pimp out the Muzzys pipes, there are a lot of them out there and they are fantastic. Incredible sound, not too loud, just nice and deep to make that v-twin sound the way it should!

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I am going to have to pimp out the Muzzys pipes, there are a lot of them out there and they are fantastic. Incredible sound, not too loud, just nice and deep to make that v-twin sound the way it should!
i am leaning towards the muzzy also waiting to hear one and the hp ratings on the dyno from hunterworks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement