Discussion Topic For aFe Intake - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Discussion Topic For aFe Intake

advanced Flow engineering (aFe) has been kind enough to supply us with a complete air intake for use on our Teryx build.

We are very excited to be working with them and are anxious to get the intake installed on the machine.

You can check out the advanced Flow engineering (aFe) website at:

advanced Flow engineering (aFe) Air Filters & Intake Systems

Installation will be featured on the TeryxHQ Teryx build page while discussions will take place in this thread. If you have questions, comments, etc. please feel free to post them in this thread

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

The intake has been installed. We are working out some jetting issues, however, the installation of the intake was a snap!

Without a doubt you can hear more noise within the cabin as the intake is taking in more air.

We will be doing a write-up of the installation on the build page, so stay tuned.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
The intake has been installed. We are working out some jetting issues, however, the installation of the intake was a snap!

Without a doubt you can hear more noise within the cabin as the intake is taking in more air.

We will be doing a write-up of the installation on the build page, so stay tuned.
i heard alot of aftermarket exhaust companys dont reccomend it do you know why.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Do not recommend what? An intake?

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Do not recommend what? An intake?
the afe intake
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Hmm I am not sure why. I have heard that some do not think any intakes do anything, but aFe builds quite a high quality filter.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 07:15 PM

AFE Intake

From what I understand, it is because the carbs are vacuum operated. Put in any aftermarket system that flows better reduces you vacuum in the airbox and now your carbs don't open up like they are supposed to at lower rpm, so you lose some bottom and mid range. On the new EFI system it should work good, or put on a set of FCR carbs and eliminate the vacuum slide system.
Maybe I am off target here a bit? Need to get a hold of Hunterworks because I was looking at getting his carb kit and air filter off of him and I believe this is what he was talking about. Fix this this up for me Todd if I have screwed up!

How CV Carbs Works and air box mods - www.Ridesidebyside.com Sponsored by www.hunterworks.com, www.hightechhp.com and www.3stepatvtires.com

Don't know how to make this work but plug in this site and it will explain, I think! .
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Hmm I am not sure why. I have heard that some do not think any intakes do anything, but aFe builds quite a high quality filter.
i totally agree got an afe on my cummins just tryn to figure out whats the best thing to do im kind of cautious on what pipe, intake and bigbore kit im going to get since i got screwed by two brothers
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 PM

Hey oscar22, on a fuel injected engine or especially the new diesel engines an intake kit will help out huge, especially when chipped and exhaust done also, but on these fuel systems they can calibrate themselves - to a certain point. AFE makes great stuff, I sell and install lots of their intake kits for diesels and don't have to worry about the filter for warranty issues. Don't know yet about on the Teryx. As soon as I found AFE had a intake kit for the Teryx I was trying to order it but my supplier had a hard time getting one, maybe because they are only automotive and not a atv supplier, so I gave up. When I read this thread from Hunterworks I was glad to have not bought one, at least not until the carb thing is figured out.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Hey there dieselpowered,
You have said you put an aFe airbox on your Teryx and I believe you are running it with a Muzzy 212 exhaust. Is this correct? If so I am wondering what jetting did you do. I run out at susperstition mountain so my elevation should be within your same height range. The shop doing the work is having some problems figuring this out. Any info you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated, or anyone else for that matter. I also have a DF cdi box which is a dynatek, and Muzzy 212 and dyna jet kit. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement