HW Exhausts test is WRONG!!! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HW Exhausts test is WRONG!!!

Gosh I hate to do this, trust me and I hate to admit what the problem was.

The loaded test for the Gibson and Stock are right but the other three are wrong.

I took the AC back off and put the HMF on for final jetting changes and so forth. I was trying to put a 60 % load on it and it just would not work right. The computer said the load control was on but there was no resistance. I could not figure it out.

Dang I hate to say this, between the time I did the loaded test for the stock and Gibson I unplugged the electrical cord going to the load control or the retarder. So the loaded test for the HMF, Muzzy and AC were not accurate, they were simply normal dyno runs that started at 10 mph instead of 5 and therefore the results are different because of the starting point.

Now I am going to redo the HMF and Muzzy but not the AC. I didn't like the AC, it did not do well at all on the normal runs, it was way too loud and it didn't fit anyway.

I already retested the HMF and the graph is much more normal looking now, it still beats the stock and Gibson as I thought it would. The jetting is done for it now too and all I had to do was turn the mixture screw out one complete turn otherwise the jetting and needle positions are the same as our jet kit instructions say for a stock pipe.

The air/fuel ratio curve stays within 12.5 and 13.5 all the way thru at a 60 % load except at one spot and that is at 7 mph it jumps up above 14. There is no way I know to fix that without messing up the whole range.

Tomorrow I will pull the HMF back off for the final time and install the muzzy.

Sorry I let you guys down!! I guess I better call Muzzy and tell them to take that 12 HP gain info off their site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 03:03 PM

Oh Chit!

As I tell everyone, stuff happens. I would still like to know the numbers for the Muzzy.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

I'm in the middle of installing it for permanent install so it takes longer than a test install. I put header wrap on it and the heat shields.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 12:23 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Way to stand behind your test Todd...you let no one down, you just reiterated your integrity!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Way to stand behind your test Todd...you let no one down, you just reiterated your integrity!
+1 Thank you for your honesty. Another reason I order from you over and over.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 AM

Not all vendors would respond like Todd has. They don't have the balls too. That type of honesty will always win out in the long run.

BTW Todd, does that thing have an off/on switch as well?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

No on off switch for the laod control per say. I must have needed the plug for something.

By the way the AC Racing exhaust the DragonFire Racing are one in the same with DFR's decal on it.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
No on off switch for the laod control per say. I must have needed the plug for something.

By the way the AC Racing exhaust the DragonFire Racing are one in the same with DFR's decal on it.
Glad I went with the Muzzy's!!

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post

glad i saw this...i saw a good deal on the dragonfire and was thinking about going that way...guess i beter keep saving for the muzzy.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 PM

Todd I like the stuff I have heard about the muzzy. Was wonderind if you have had anyone put this system on an 09 yet and id so did it mess with the EFI. When I get ready to buy I will be buy from HW.

2009 Teryx LE FI
REAL OFF ROAD RIDERS DON'T RIDE WITH FLEAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement