Dalton clutches - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dalton clutches

Ok, now that I have spent several thousand dollars on mods I am thinking about a clutch kit. Who/ where is everyone buying there Dalton clutch kits from and who has the best deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 05:18 PM

The prices should be relatively the same everywhere unless someone is just cutting throats and then they most likely can't support it after the sale.

We are going to start selling them as soon as I run one thru the testing process we do and we might get it done this week.

Todd

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 04:55 PM

Todd have you had a chance to test out the Dalton clutch as I believe I may need one. This weekend out at Glamis I could almost climb everything but as the weekend went on I was trying steeper and pulling more people and my belt began to smoke and then for a little while I would smell burnt rubber. My linkage problem seems to be better but the Teryx moves as if it were missing teeth on the belt, does what I said make since would this be a clutch problem?

Thanks Roman

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romdogg View Post
todd have you had a chance to test out the dalton clutch as i believe i may need one. This weekend out at glamis i could almost climb everything but as the weekend went on i was trying steeper and pulling more people and my belt began to smoke and then for a little while i would smell burnt rubber. My linkage problem seems to be better but the teryx moves as if it were missing teeth on the belt, does what i said make since would this be a clutch problem?

Thanks roman
romdogg, did you see the all black with a little bit of red teryx out there this weekend? That was mine. I have an az badboy clutch and all possible bolt on mods, producing an estimated 42 horse. I got there about midnight thursday and hit olds all night then daylight came decided to take the train track road from wash 3 to wash ten was doin about 67 then boom my belt was ripped to strings and spit out my cv exhaust. Thank god for crazy kevin having the only teryx belt out there and she was up and running by noon friday. My point is with the new belt she was running the hill 10x better than thursday night with the stock warn out belt and the only side x side that could touch me at the flat drags was that jerkoff razor with the turbo on the bottle. Trust me dude get a new belt and a clutch you will have a night and day difference. Get that bad boy running by thanksgiving and well be eating rhinos and razors for breadfeast lunch dinner and a midnight snack:d. By the way sorry for such a long post.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 05:40 PM

I didn't get it installed yet, been spending all my time working on the new building which we are moving into friday.

I do believe they work though.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomDOGG View Post
Todd have you had a chance to test out the Dalton clutch as I believe I may need one. This weekend out at Glamis I could almost climb everything but as the weekend went on I was trying steeper and pulling more people and my belt began to smoke and then for a little while I would smell burnt rubber. My linkage problem seems to be better but the Teryx moves as if it were missing teeth on the belt, does what I said make since would this be a clutch problem?

Thanks Roman
Hey Roman,
I think you were the guy my buddy Jim was talking to about Teryx's at Southbay Motorsports in Chula Vista. He has a rhino and I have the Teryx and was getting it jetted and dyno'd after I installed the muzzy exhaust. Are you the same guy?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM

The Dalton cllutch and cap RULE. Watch a couple of my yourtube videos like the FPV vid or the Dalton Install #3 and you can clearly and easily see and hear the difference if you watch carefully. HUGE difference, Dalton RULES!!

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Desert dog 615,Ya Bro I'm the one your friend was talking to at Southbay, he told me you just got your Teryx done and dyno. Sounds like your on the right path with your selection of parts.Any question or if you what to compare notes I gave him me info and cell number.Roman
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 PM

Hi guys can any one tell me if there is any difarence in performance between the EPI clutch system and the dulton system and i also would like to ask if any body has a genuine heavy duty belt avaliable from what i hear is that there all the same belt made from one company and oter people put there name to it and try to sell it as a heavy duty or extrem duty or server duty when its just a load of bull dust
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:46 PM
CommanderTalk.com

The Dalton clutch kit is adjustable, and allows you to fine tune everything.

You can order a belt from Kawasaki or maybe even PM Unleashed UTV, he had ordered a bunch of Kawasaki OEM belts.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement