DASA for the Teryx is out! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DASA for the Teryx is out!

Yepp...I scored these yesterday at DASA...

And the air box eliminator...

Pipes, jetting and air box eliminator added 10 hp to the stock baseline. Very nice and quiet for a set of duals. Sounds throaty but not obnoxiously loud like some of the systems out there. Can actually have a conversation with your passenger without yelling...Taking it out to Glamis with the DASA crew for some testing tomorrow at Glamis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 01:04 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Interesting, they look nice. Wonder what that chamber is behind the cannisters?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Interesting, they look nice. Wonder what that chamber is behind the cannisters?
Expansion chamber to quiet it down...it's very comfortable sounding...they employ the same technology on their race quads to get them below the legal db level...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hmmm well pretty cool...do you have a db rating on them?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Hmmm well pretty cool...do you have a db rating on them?
Not yet but we will by the end of the week....we had to hurry and get that one ready for Glamis. Now that we are back we will get a DB rating and some video with sound up...LOTS of people were shocked by how quiet it was at Glamis...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Quiet is good. Most of the Teryx exhaust I have experienced first hand is too loud.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdog View Post
Quiet is good. Most of the Teryx exhaust I have experienced first hand is too loud.
How quiet is quiet. I want a little noise like Flowmasters on a car. What kind of money did those bad boys set you back? Also, I thought you had to have the airbox for vacumn. Did you have to change your carbs? Sounds like something I'd like to do
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdog View Post
Thats was my MAJOR concern and I can tell you that this is a perfect set-up...good tone but not obnoxious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbamace View Post
How quiet is quiet. I want a little noise like Flowmasters on a car. What kind of money did those bad boys set you back? Also, I thought you had to have the airbox for vacumn. Did you have to change your carbs? Sounds like something I'd like to do
You do not have to run an air box. All that was required was a re-jet. I believe list on this set-up is about $1000 but you should call DASA and find out for sure...worth every penny...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandJunkie View Post
Thats was my MAJOR concern and I can tell you that this is a perfect set-up...good tone but not obnoxious...

You do not have to run an air box. All that was required was a re-jet. I believe list on this set-up is about $1000 but you should call DASA and find out for sure...worth every penny...
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression an airbox was required. I'll have to call DASA and find out some more information. I'm curious how these pipes compare to the Muzzys. I figure the Muzzys are a little louder, but what about the horsepower? Anyone out there know how these two systems compare?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbamace View Post
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression an airbox was required. I'll have to call DASA and find out some more information. I'm curious how these pipes compare to the Muzzys. I figure the Muzzys are a little louder, but what about the horsepower? Anyone out there know how these two systems compare?
DASA pipes are renowned for putting down big HP gains as well as a quality fit and finish. I'll post the dyno sheets after we play with different length mid pipes. I won't have a Muzzy to compare it too though...

And no one will have a comparison test for awhile since mine is only the 3rd DASA dual exhaust for the Teryx out there right now...they are produced by hand and there will be a waiting list...the sooner you jump on the list, the better...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement