Afe,muzzy,dyna-jetting - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Afe,muzzy,dyna-jetting

Ok so i have read post after post and still no clear information on jetting for the afe,muzzy,dyna combo. Does anyone who has this combo and runs great want to share their jetting setup? Actually will anyone please share their jetting setup? I'm very interested for 3000' and under.

1.5 WHEEL SPACERS/ STOCK WHEELS FLIPPED AROUND/ I.F. BOLT ON CAGE WITH COOLER RACK/ WRANGLER BACK BENCH SEAT/ CROW HARNESSES/ FULL ALUMINUM TOP/ 850w STEREO SYSTEM WITH IPOD AND SATTELITE/ VELOCITY AIRFLOW KIT/ HUNTERWORKS CARB & BOX KIT/ MUZZY EXHAUST/ DYNATEK PROGRAMABLE CDI/ A.Z. BADBOYS CLUTCH MOD/ NGK IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS/ SKAT TRAK EXTREME PADDLES AND SMOOTH BUFFS ON DOUG RED LABLE/ MORE TO COME.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I am running a 205 main jet front and rear....the only difference is I am running an 840 kit.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 08:26 AM

Hey Terror I feel your pain, I'm pretty much in the same boat.
I have the same set-up with the Muzzy,AFE,Dynatek CDI,Dynatek hot coil(These help make a big difference),Dynajet kit.

Here's what I have going 195 main in front 190 rear,clip in the second position,and the springs from the kit,air screw out 3 turns with this set-up it did great till I hit the long straight away and thats were the problem started the vacuum on the carbs were not letting enough air in. I bought the hot coils from Alpine store(Dale) and then went to the Glamis it made a big difference from bottom to midrange nice improvement. I really could till if it made a big difference in the top end because I really never got it going in a long straight away.

Desert Dog has taking his Teryx to Alba and they say he's just a tad on the rich side but they said it's running strong and hard, they Dyno it and he said it dyno at 42 horsepower, I asked him to ask the tech at Alba to see what size jetts they put in. All he has is bolt-on no motor work.

Roman

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERROR-X View Post
Ok so i have read post after post and still no clear information on jetting for the afe,muzzy,dyna combo. Does anyone who has this combo and runs great want to share their jetting setup? Actually will anyone please share their jetting setup? I'm very interested for 3000' and under.
Good Morning Guys,
Yes, Romdogg is correct. I should be picking up my Teryx this weekend after they installed a high volume/performance fuel pump after my stock one failed last weekend. They are also installing the dyna hot coil. I will get the jet sizes from them and let you guys know next week. It ran really strong until the fuel pump went out. The tech said he set it just a tad rich , about .25 of a point or so, so that when I run at night or when it's cold it won't be too lean.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks alot fellas, I will be standing by. Have a good day all!!!

1.5 WHEEL SPACERS/ STOCK WHEELS FLIPPED AROUND/ I.F. BOLT ON CAGE WITH COOLER RACK/ WRANGLER BACK BENCH SEAT/ CROW HARNESSES/ FULL ALUMINUM TOP/ 850w STEREO SYSTEM WITH IPOD AND SATTELITE/ VELOCITY AIRFLOW KIT/ HUNTERWORKS CARB & BOX KIT/ MUZZY EXHAUST/ DYNATEK PROGRAMABLE CDI/ A.Z. BADBOYS CLUTCH MOD/ NGK IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS/ SKAT TRAK EXTREME PADDLES AND SMOOTH BUFFS ON DOUG RED LABLE/ MORE TO COME.......
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:37 PM

Carb jetting info

Ok guys,
As I promised in my earlier post. Here is the jetting set up that is working for me.
My performance adds are:
Stock motor with aFe airbox, muzzy 212 exhaust with heat wrap & a dragonfire cdi, factory clutch set up. Per the shop tech that did my work:
Carb jetting set up for under 5000 ft elevation is
front: main jet 135, pilot jet 38.5
rear: main jet 140, pilot jet 38.5

With this set up on the dyno test I was putting 42.85 HP to the wheels. Also, this is .25 of a point to the rich side of perfect so that when I run in evening cold weather I am not lean.
I hope this helps those of you who are trying to workout your set up.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:35 PM

Wow D-Dog that seems afoul lean, stock jetting's are around 130 and 135 if I'm correct.
And you said you've ran it awhile huh, I had the dynajet kit and ran the same and boy was I lean melted the plastic cover in the rear an the middle. Hey someone else let me know if I'm wrong. I have 190 main front and 195main in the rear and I have the same set up. Well I quess we'll see next week when we go to the desert. Thanks D-Dog

Roman
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 PM

Roman,
Did you also change to softer needle springs when you rejetted ?
PS How the clutch install going and what belt are you installing?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM

D-Dog yes I changed the springs and the needle and have the clip in the second position, the clutch should be done this evening it was a mess with all the twine and dust and bit and pieces of rubber everywhere but have it ready to install.

Roman
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 PM

Remember stock jets and Dynojet jets are numbered different.

We recommend the 144 and 146 Dynojet jets for the Muzzy but the AFE requires such a larger jet because you lose your vacuum signal.

I wish you guys would pass on the AFE, they are no better and most times worse than the bone stock set up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement